Black Chicken Studios Forums

5 Years Later... Still No Year 2?

The13thRonin

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Think I'll have to start investigating lifesupport options to ensure I don't die until way after year 5 is released! Some time during next centuruy ;)

I really like this novel/game/thing, it's very Deep, I also guess that affects the time it will take to create each new release.

• 1 month later...

From a most recent posting of the Legate at Kickstarter it looks like the current release plan of BCS is:

Academagia Y1 Steam release & DLC 17

Academagia Y2

New Secret Project

Kickstarter for a book project containing fairy tales (Might be that I got it wrong and its Holdfast 2 kickstarter).

• 1 month later...

Well, Y2 is surely closer to finished than started. If Y2's UI works out to be a lot smoother than Y1's, there's a good chance than Y3 won't need quite need as much development time. I try to stay on the positive side, but, it gets hard to do after waiting as long as we have!

I just hope that the Y1 receives all the attention it deserves in steam, it would be a good incentive for the release of Y2

:lol:

I'm sure it should, I got a friend who said he would get it if it hits steam.

Then I could talk to him as a fellow game owner in regards to the game, and BCS would get some extra influx of income to get future stuff out the door :)

Haha a game that had a 5 year long public testing phase together with bug fixing should be fine or not?

Most of the issues remaining are TYPO related, a missed letter here or there. Not gamebreaking but unnecessary.

Maybe a few adventure progression things like "Lets go for the Girthworm, end of adventure, cue next adventure for continuation.

• 4 weeks later...

(My apologies for kinda yoinking the topic, but this really doesn't belong in the DLC 16 bugs threat...)

Hmmmmmmmm. Thanks, will look at that in 17.

P.S. By popular demand (no promises), we may be doing DLC 17 + Steam (not Y2) earlier. We shall see what they decide.

I would advice the Team to not release anything until it's ready but, eh, anyone remember Free's old signature? I'd dare suggest that some manner of demonic contract with a Great Old One prevents the Team from even considering the possibility, so...proceed :mellow:.

How's the Steam version coming along, anyway? Academagia really will have to put it's best foot forwards to be noticed over the bottomless wellspring of shinies (actual shine optional not included) there, especially because it actually has something resembling a difficulty curve...

Archived