Black Chicken Studios Forums

What use is 'Research' ability?

Monrdhil

I can research Diary of Edward to level 3, after that it seem very hard to research, even when my Research is 7 to 10 and do the deed at library help desk.

What factor affect the success rate of Research action? skill level, level of the subject, location? what more?

EDIT:

Research skill level 14

Rhetoric skill level 7

Rhetoric study level 0

Rhetoric research level 1

Location library help desk

Still unable to research.

ANd one more question: how do we get more research subject. Out of all my courses, only rhetoric appear. subskills appear, but no other main skill.

Laclongguan;

The most important factor is your Research Skill in correlation with the actual difficulty of the subject being Researched. I've just reviewed that Topic, and I do not see anything that leads me to believe you should have that kind of difficulty in succeeding. I will need to investigate this with our coding team.

Thanks!

Edit: I had no problems raising my level in this Research Skill all the way to 10. Just to confirm: in this game, is it a new game, or an old game that you patched up to Patch 2?

that's it! I almost always using help desk to get the advertised Research+1 .

Too bad I drop my Hermione Grange and restart with, who else, Hermione Grange. Research are too low at the moment so I will report back when I can.

EDIT: anyway, when I use Joie de vivre, I got Pure luck the which previously I dont have. But it appear as Pure Luck level1 in Research portion and nothing in the Raid subportion. Whaaaaat?

I have just finished my first game. My study was at 10 for all studys. By casting spells with phemes some of my parent skills were at 19 for my exams. But all of my research subjects were at 0. I started using my research ability in the last month and increased my Befriend Research to 1 but my Befriend Parent skill was at 5. I do not understand the difference between a research skill (Ihate to call it a skill because it can be confused with the research parent skill but i am talking about the research area that appears below all the parent skills) and a parent skill and the user guide does not explain. Can you give me an explaination? Where would it apply? Does it make training a parent skill easier? or do something different.

So what you are saying is that for gameplay (non-roleplay) purposes, there is no point in researching unless you plan on taking it all the way to level 10?

That would be something I'd find interesting to change, for instance if a portion of the spells and phemes in a discipline where only accessible through research and not via normal class attendance/training/study. I would see this as reflecting the difference between class texts and 'normal' coursework versus digging through old dusty tomes in the library and uncovering rarer and perhaps more powerful information.

Thoughts?

Legate did you mean you have all the locations under review or just the one?

Since the block puzzle room doesn't work either. I tried 3x (in one day, a sunday, you know the one from the safe with the vendetta) and while my war and research skill are both 10, they all failed.

*grins* Even if not, the hunt for typos shall likely continue past CP1's release. It's truly awesome how much attention, work, and dedication you and your team are putting into this game. Hip, hip, huzzah!

Hmm ok. I'll have to try it on monday than. No harm in that.

btw, did you succeed downloading as right now the file is wide open for anyone to pick up if they want.

o.o that must really be a bad connection. I thought only the uploading was that slow, but guess I was mistaken. :)

Would you object if I arrange a private server for future issues? It would be open for everyone on academagia, but only through you. (In the sense you determine who uses it or not. I don't want random people abusing it.)

What does unlock more research topics? It is random when I study a skill dependent on my current research skills. I've got 10's on all 4 research skills and my research topics are pretty lean (4 ) I guess my real question is whether it is random or fixed when to unlock a topic. (i'm trying to unlock mastery and subskills and have them all at 10's too, but i did that before I trained research up to a 10.)