Here's some info on the new version of Academagia: The Making of Mages, which is now available!
1) WHERE TO DOWNLOAD - This is a major revamp, so you will need to download the entire game again from BMT, if you do not want a STEAM key. Please note the new system specifications as we no longer offer official support for Vista.
- OS: 7, 8, 10 (x64 OS)
- Processor: 1 GHz
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 9 or later with 1 GB RAM
- Storage: 400 MB available space
- Additional Notes: .NET 4.0 Framework
- OS: 10
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
2) REQUESTING A STEAM KEY - If you purchased this game via any vendor besides Steam and GamersGate, and have retained email proof/confirmation, please email academagia @ gmail.com with Subject "Academagia: Steam Key Request" to get your Steam key. Please allow up to a week for us to verify and send you back a key, although we expect in most cases, it will take ~2 business days.
If you do not have email verification, we will do our best to verify with the reporting available to us, but there are no guarantees. You will need to provide
- email address you used to purchase Academagia (if different from the email you are currently using)
- date of purchase, and
- additionally we may need your full name if we cannot verify the above
GamersGate customers - Your Steam key should be accessible via your account and you should not have to email us. If you have problems accessing your account, please contact GamersGate support. In order to ensure that each customer only gets 1 key, we cannot grant you a code if you are having GG account issues and emailing us instead. We apologize for this, but we have no access to customer order details on GG.
3) SAVES COMPATIBILITY - We've done our best to make sure saves from the old Academagia work in this latest version, however, due to the complexity of the modding system, we cannot guarantee that your old save will work. There may be some data loss during the conversion to the newer format, specifically:
These students will have one less spell:
- Aveline Aranaz
- Grainne Aranaz
- Raoul Aranaz
- Malacresta Aranaz
- Rikildis Aranaz
- Cinzia Avila
- Olivia Avila
- Neso Godina
- Isabeau Hedi
- Ausdauer Hedi
- Leopold Hedi
- Reitz Hedi
- Girars Morvidus
- Joana Morvidus
- Philippe Morvidus
- Hector Morvidus
- Mairgrete Morvidus
- Rixenda Vernin
If you are trying to load an old game that used mods and encounter an error, please try:
- Starting a new game with all the mods selected that were used by your old game (this builds the cache)
- Once your cache has been built, now try loading your old game
For example, if I have an old save called "OldSchool.ams" which used "Mod 1" and "Mod 2", I would start/save a new game "Temp.ams" which used "Mod 1" and "Mod 2". Finally, I would load "OldSchool.ams".
If the above does not work, you may need to verify that you have a clean install of Academagia before trying the above steps again (making sure to delete old version completely vs overwriting files, and to clear out cache, etc.). Just make sure to retain your saves and mods so you can carry them over.
4) WHAT'S NEW? - List does not include everything, but here's the major stuff:
- DLC 17 - The First Touch of Summer
- UI now scales to different resolutions
- UI layout can now be changed according to user's preferences (many components can be repositioned, resized, etc.)
- Text font size is now adjustable in major areas of the UI
- Scroll bar added to many components for quicker browsing
- Enabled up/down arrows for scrolling in major areas
- (Steam only) 8 Achievements
- (Steam only) Trading Cards
- Over 200+ content issues resolved
That is it for now.
To view the product page on Steam, click here.