• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is strange, because the admins/sysops of the Academagia page are:

Draigh, Saradoc, Ragbe

I just added Blondetiger too btw

I am the only bureaucrat of the wiki

Edit:

Could have been related to activity. Seems like Saradoc and Ragbe have not been active for a while either.

@SvinikExcept that it is about a game from BCS they have nothing to do with the Wikia so it don't help if they have your mail when Draigh is the one who need to give you the rights. ^^

@blondetiger or @Draigh can you look what to do with this http://academagia.wikia.com/wiki/An_Interesting_Weed_(Delete)?action=edit&insights=uncategorizedpages page as it is the same adventure as http://academagia.wikia.com/wiki/To_the_Fields! just entered at stage 2 because the player got the Schwarzbart Weed from a other source. Edit: Also the shopping and material gathering part of this adventure hit the limit of how we current write down the adventures as it  jump back to a previous step that check if you have everything to craft the wand. Also depending on who you chose to work with there 3 different difficulty for the complete crafting part and slight different end result.

12 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

@SvinikExcept that it is about a game from BCS they have nothing to do with the Wikia so it don't help if they have your mail when Draigh is the one who need to give you the rights. ^^

I meant that if someone on the forum wanted help then I could easily be contacted, either by me visiting (which is most days) or by direct email.

If someone on the wiki wanted me then they'd have to think to check here I guess, I wouldn't want to put my email address in a wiki ;)

For the adventure edits (on the 'to the fields' page as the 'an interesting weed' page needs deleting, if you let me know the alternate paths I will put them in, the variations will either by entered as alternate paths (if the text and options are different), extra options with pre-requisites if the differences are in outcome options, or differences in outcome if the differences are purely in outcome.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So apparently some sort of European something has made it illegal for Wikia to not look too horrendously ugly (by which I mean the somewhat serviceable Monobook skin), so as of some time within the next two days (presumably) the Wikia will go full-blown deskbile for everyone. I'm sure the good people at Wikia are crying themselves to sleep over it so hard that they'll be jovially laughing all the way to the bank until the end of the week. It's actual users...well, I've actually forgotten how ugly it is, so let's flip the switch and see how bad it is.

...Actually not as bad. I was expecting a war crime, but it seems like I only have to finagle something with adblock to get rid of 66% of every page to make it somewhat reasonable.

Still, if anyone has any ideas for alternatives for when Year 2 eventually sees the light of day, I'm open to suggestions...

EDIT: I am loving this integrated Block Element feature! Just-hell, not even two minutes and viola, the wiki actually looks decently designed and doesn't spam me with the latest nonsense about what irrelevant Star Wars actor did the better backflip in episode Whatever of New Disney Overlord Approved series number I-Don't-Give-A-Rat's! It even fits perfectly on this not-2001 monitor! Maybe there's hope for the future after all.

Spoiler

Doubtful, but if this is as bad as it'll get I'll gladly take it.

Edited by Metis

Lovely.

I just love seeing non-broken things 'fixed'!

I still haven't gotten 100% used to the last forum iteration change, and I expect we're already past halfway to the next one, though we may skip over it if they're nice enough to keep supporting this one.

Bah, and I also just learned that the PS4 is entering into it's twilight years even though I've only bought 2 games for it so far. Everyone's so interested in selling the next version, they forget that there are plenty who are still satisfied with the most recent, or even older versions.

I kind of wish the net was still in the DOS BBS days, so only tech savvy folks could get on. That way, there would be a divider to keep the really ignorant dummies from flooding in and ruining everything.

Then again, even I find IRC to be a pain in the rear sometimes, so I would be willing to find a happy compromise too.  Too bad even that is unacceptable these days.

I doubt its because of the change of law in the EU instead its probably the change wikia want to push out for quite some time now and now they found a reason to get it out to more at once.

Also I suspect wikia have to cut out some dead wood to reduce the burden on their server.

• 1 month later...
On ‎23‎.‎05‎.‎2018 at 11:19 PM, Metis said:

So apparently some sort of European something has made it illegal for Wikia to not look too horrendously ugly (by which I mean the somewhat serviceable Monobook skin), so as of some time within the next two days (presumably) the Wikia will go full-blown deskbile for everyone. I'm sure the good people at Wikia are crying themselves to sleep over it so hard that they'll be jovially laughing all the way to the bank until the end of the week. It's actual users...well, I've actually forgotten how ugly it is, so let's flip the switch and see how bad it is.

...Actually not as bad. I was expecting a war crime, but it seems like I only have to finagle something with adblock to get rid of 66% of every page to make it somewhat reasonable.

Still, if anyone has any ideas for alternatives for when Year 2 eventually sees the light of day, I'm open to suggestions...

EDIT: I am loving this integrated Block Element feature! Just-hell, not even two minutes and viola, the wiki actually looks decently designed and doesn't spam me with the latest nonsense about what irrelevant Star Wars actor did the better backflip in episode Whatever of New Disney Overlord Approved series number I-Don't-Give-A-Rat's! It even fits perfectly on this not-2001 monitor! Maybe there's hope for the future after all.

Reveal hidden contents

Doubtful, but if this is as bad as it'll get I'll gladly take it.

For me the Academagia Wikia still look the same like the last major change on our main page months if not years ago.

All locations have a Chance of Discovery so if you want to add something like this you need to add the exact numbers from the mod tool.

In year 1 there is no difference once you fail your CoD roll if it was because you annoyed a professor in the hallway or if you got discover reading something in the Forbidden Archives.

There might be a difference for the import tool that comes with year 2 but unless we know this for sure I would avoid to add such info that isn't game relevant for year 1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...