Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

Rhi;

"1.  It's definitely an interesting idea, but it's not consistent with where we leave off at the end of Y1.  At the close of her student adventure, she'd happily just dived into a magic spring that apparently broke the magical forces that were making boys nuts over her; the long-term consequences are not going to be what she expects, but for now it would be a bit off to start from a place where the player was actively beguiled.

Unless, ironically, it was someone else responsible for the magical infatuation.  We could see Olivia Solari trying to make somebody fall in love with Neta to get her away from Cyrus - who actually respects Neta's glamour techniques quite a bit.

2.  Given the aforementioned pack of boys who became magically obsessed with her in Y1, it's totally fair to say that rumors that the pattern is repeating itself might arise...."

7 minutes ago, Legate of Mineta said:

Rhi;

"1.  It's definitely an interesting idea, but it's not consistent with where we leave off at the end of Y1.  At the close of her student adventure, she'd happily just dived into a magic spring that apparently broke the magical forces that were making boys nuts over her; the long-term consequences are not going to be what she expects, but for now it would be a bit off to start from a place where the player was actively beguiled.

Unless, ironically, it was someone else responsible for the magical infatuation.  We could see Olivia Solari trying to make somebody fall in love with Neta to get her away from Cyrus - who actually respects Neta's glamour techniques quite a bit.

2.  Given the aforementioned pack of boys who became magically obsessed with her in Y1, it's totally fair to say that rumors that the pattern is repeating itself might arise...."

Thanks for the feedback.

@Legate of Mineta: An idea that I know is perhaps too dark for Academagia's tone. In future years, a Gates Mage PC could have access to the following activity: summoning a spirit to impersonate friends (romantic and otherwise) and pretend to divulge to the friend that e is a gates mage. The benefits could be increases in theory of gates, gates methods, and conversation, with a chance to lose or gain stress.

• 4 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: I have the following idea for a future game in which the PC, a mastery mage, confides in Cinzia that e is a mastery mage and this does not destroy their relationship: this would unlock an action whose in-story explanation would be their practising casting a single spell by each writing different phemes and whose in-game effects would be improving both characters' skills with palettes, phemes, and coordination. I thought that such would be a nice activity for dear friends/lovers that would play into Cinzia's obsession with coordination/control.

• 3 weeks later...

@Legate of Mineta: I thought of a great angle for Sima Venesico in order to make her more mysterious - have the player character (and perhaps others) wonder about whether her dreamy, contented personality is merely a facade for a much more decisive, active, and even ruthless, personality. After all, she was the one who decided to risk danger by distracting the pirates during one ending to the Triplets' adventure, where the PC was just pointing a wand at the creatures.

@Legate of Mineta: I really hope that some random event in future years for games whose players did not complete the Triplets' Y1 adventure can be inspired by the opening of MacBath Act 1 Scene 3, with a player character stumbling upon the Triplets plotting vaguely but faintly sinisterly. Indeed, I have been tempted to write such a thing as fan fiction - because I am not sure whether the Team wants the Triplets to be so careless in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in a couple of days, I will be going into a hospital for routine surgery that will relieve my pains, allowing me to focus on many things in greater depths. I will be in the hospital for several days, and I hope to do some more writing for Academagia.

I was thinking, @Legate of Mineta, that in order to ease myself into this new writing, I would like to write some descriptions of foreign merchants doing business in Mineta. I hope to include some of them in my adventures for this game, but even if this never happens, other authors are welcome to use such characters.

Might be worth a check anyway, since it would be interesting if the play's plot would end up touching upon those ulterior motives intentionally or unintentionally. And Sima strikes me as the kind of character who'd both be willing to play with fire in that regard and who'd succeed in (ab)using that situation mostly to set any potential problems alight.

@Legate of Mineta: Is it permissible to mention eunuchs in stories for Academagia? I ask because I think that a certain character in my planned writing would be explainable (to a certain degree) by being a eunuch. And I would not write anything explicit - just something along the the lines of, "I cannot become a monk in my homeland because I am a eunuch".