Black Chicken Studios Forums

Action Prerequisites

89157Z

It looks like there haven't been many questions about prerequisites in the forum so far! I've collected a few with my latest efforts. Some of these questions will seem very stupid, I am sure. That reflects a general lack of confidence with the tools. I am trying to proceed regardless.

1) If you set an action to have the Numeric Prerequisite of Athletic Study Level < 10, will that block the action for anyone whose Athletics study level was 10?

2) If you set an action to have the Existence Prerequisite of Study Mastery: Athletics <> Character/Self, will that block the action for anyone who had the Athletics study mastery?

3) If you set an action to have the Existence Prerequisite of AI_Aces_up_the_Sleeve (Sub Skill) <> Character/Self, will that block the action for all of the game's NPCs? Will it risk blocking the action for the player as well?

As you might guess, these all bear directly on the current work I'm doing, but I do hope to generalize the answers to other projects.

89157Z;

3) This one...I'm not how it will work. In theory, it should work as you describe, by blocking it for the AI.

That, sadly, is the one I was most curious about! Schwarzbart and I were scheming ways to improve the AI by quietly blocking off things that they shouldn't be doing, under conditions where they shouldn't be doing them. Some actions just shouldn't be used by the AI at all.

3) If you set an action to have the Existence Prerequisite of AI_Aces_up_the_Sleeve (Sub Skill) <> Character/Self, will that block the action for all of the game's NPCs? Will it risk blocking the action for the player as well?

I think I tried it once before, it doesn't block the action for the player unless you somehow gained a point of AI_Aces.

You can always try Numeric Prerequisite of AI_Aces_up_the_Sleeve > 0 instead and see how that goes.

Archived