Black Chicken Studios Forums

Introduce Yourself

dingbat91

Well since this here forum seems to be quite quiet. I'm going to at least help start off this place with the psuedo-compulsary creation of an introduction thread and see if we can get the ball rolling here before the games release!

Anyway names Dingbat, looking forward to getting my hands dirty in the world of Academagia! I'm a big fan of games with a lot of inter-personal depth such as this (I'm a huge fan of the RPG variants of the Romance of the three kingdom series, where this kind of grand scale from a personal viewpoint is used (Grand scale: the school, the person viewpoint: you the student)

looking forward to seeing some a couple of videos and more screenshots!

anyway hope that gets the ball rolling round here

-

Dingbat

• 2 weeks later...
Well since this here forum seems to be quite quiet. I'm going to at least help start off this place with the psuedo-compulsary creation of an introduction thread and see if we can get the ball rolling here before the games release!

Anyway names Dingbat, looking forward to getting my hands dirty in the world of Academagia! I'm a big fan of games with a lot of inter-personal depth such as this (I'm a huge fan of the RPG variants of the Romance of the three kingdom series, where this kind of grand scale from a personal viewpoint is used (Grand scale: the school, the person viewpoint: you the student)

looking forward to seeing some a couple of videos and more screenshots!

anyway hope that gets the ball rolling round here

-

Dingbat

Thanks Dingbat for the introductory thread. I'm jkuci and I'm a big fan of this game in particular. I'm just looking around to getting started. I've added you as a friend. I'm sure I'll have more to say as time goes on ...I expect to play the game for many years to come.

Hello, dingbat (it's weird to say that and not be insulting you).

I'm MRevelle83, and I was one of the lore authors on this game. I also had the pleasure of helping with item descriptions, beta-testing, etc. I say etc. as it is too long ago to remember what all I did.

I've never personally played a visual novel, but I read the regular kind. It was a very easy transition going from one kind to another when I play tested Academagia.

I first downloaded the game Saturday evening (14 August), by pure chance.

My dad has an Impulse account, and he allowed me to access it to explore the games being currently offered. Academagia appeared, there, as the most recent new game, and since I was a Harry Potter fan, I asked my dad to allow me to use his Impulse account & his credit-card to purchase the game.

To introduce myself, I may state that I'm starting a Master's degree in French Literature, in September, at a Montreal (Canada) francophone university.

(English is not my native language, so my written English tends to come out in a dry & stiff formal style -- because I have to type with more stressful care.)

Besides Harry Potter novels -- I have read all of them, in English -- I like to read serious books on esoteric & occult matters, especially if they concern Magic, Witchcraft, Sorcery. That's why I chose "Sorceress" as my forum-user nickname.

Welcome Sorceress!

I play many roles for Black Chicken Studios, including designing the website (it's ok if you don't like it - I am well aware it's not my best effort due to time limitations ;) ) and assisting in producing small art assets. In addition, I am a Muse for the Legate - I contributed one cool game idea to Academagia - that no one has yet discovered while playing, but I'm sure someone will eventually...(or at least no one has posted about it yet, or maybe it's just really awesome in my own mind :P )

I'm not a big gamer myself - I've dabbled in the Sims the most (in fact created sim skins and once was popular among that community) and appreciate whimsical games like Kingdom of Loathing, etc.

Hi, everyone.

I happened to see Academagia on Impulse too, and went "Wow, they made that game I tried to make when I was 11!" (It didn't go so well...)

I'm about halfway through my first playthrough, and even though there are quite a few little bugs and typos and such, I'm completely in love with this game. I really can't wait to see what it will turn into, because I think that this game has enormous potential. That's coming from someone who reads tons of fantasy and plays almost as many games (mostly somewhat like Academagia, with lots of numbers and customization that allow for huge replay). A huge high five for you guys who managed to put this together.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, and especially Dingbat for being the esteemed starter of the topic. I'm CaptainofMineta and I was one of the writers of the game as well as one of the lore-writers, betas and editors of the adventures and the writer for one of the major plotline adventures.

It's been such a long time that I can't remember a lot of it, except possibly for the tutorial adventure because that was the latest thing I wrote! I haven't played a visual novel before myself, but it was incredible to be a part of this game and to be able to be involved in something so big and so much fun.

I read a huge amount, and write a huge amount and I'm looking forwards to getting my own copy of the game!

Hello!

I'm Venetica (though it's only my screenname here and in Academagia), and I've only just recently discovered this game - and it sucked me in immediately. I already finished the 1st year and am now replaying it. XD

Anyway, I'm 25 years old and live in Slovenia. English, thus, isn't my mother language, but with how much I read, talk and think in English, I feel like it is my mother language.

I love the Harry Potter series and this is one of the reasons I was so curious to try Academagia - and I wasn't disappointed. I can't wait for 2nd year and so on. I also love Sim games, like shin up there, and they also suck me in. But I absolutely adore RPGs, Adventures and HOG games. My favourite game series is Gothic, but Risen is a great game too. I just recently finished playing Rise of the Argonauts (I mainly started playing it because of greek mythology which interests me a lot), but I really liked the game... played it for 10 hours straight. XD

Anyway, I should finish this introduction and if anyone has any questions, go ahead and shoot them.

Venetica

I guess I should have posted something too... well, I'm Mikka: which is actually a nickname of a nickname, if you can follow that, that I like to use online because my full name is gender neutral (...and actually technically a male name, if you go to the source), and my first nickname is commonly associated with guys. :lol: I'm twenty-three, and currently at that stage of 'studying a lot of stuff I'm not too certain will be useful but still sort of have to learn anyway' while working on my dream, which is to become a writer (novelist, particularly). I hope to after exploring even more of the game write some events and adventures to it, and I'm really eager to try modding, too, although I'm much more confident in my skills of writing then I am with any sort of coding.

I was raised by gamers (of both the tabletop RPG type and of the video/computer game type). I continue to do a lot of both: on video games, my favorite genre is probably roleplaying games, both 'Western' and 'Eastern' (or Japanese, which is usually what people mean in this case), but close behind it is 'life' simulators. I also play a lot of turn-based strategy games, some MMO's, puzzle games, time-management ones, silly random facebook games, the occasional fighting game, and really almost anything you put in front of me. (One of my current favorite games, which may be of interest to some of the young adult crowd playing this, is Echo Bazaar- free twitter game, and very well written).

Um... I'm something of an activist, and I love learning about other cultures, languages, and traveling. It's nice to meetcha'll. And I guess that's it. B)

Hi everybody. I go by Clio on the interwebs. I'm a 23 year old who works in the communications industry in the great state of Indiana. I found this game through Gamezebo one night when I was sick and pathetic and needed a little cheering up. Academagia certainly helped in that regard. I loved seeing that the "Song of the Lioness" quartet was one of the inspirations for this game, since Tamora Pierce was one of my favorite authors growing up. Now we just need color coded magic like they have in Tortall...Year 2? ;)

Clio;

It's funny you should mention that- originally magic was going to have a 'color', but it was going to be dependent on your emotional state, and some other factors. The trouble came when wanted to include mention of that in the stories- it was a little difficult to build all the cases. I'm not sure if we'll return to that idea, but it would be fun.

Welcome to the forums, and glad you are cheered up. ;)

OK. my name comes from the evil wizard I defeated when I played Wizardry I on my first home computer, an Apple II. So I'm not in my twenties. My first computer game was a text adventure named Adventure that some engineer snuck on the mainframe. I recently found a playable version of this and it really took me back. We decompiled Adventure and in Wizardry, I patiently went thru hex dumps of save files and figured out how the stats and items were stored so I could change anything I wanted. Ruined the game for me, but I had a great time figuring out the codes. I'm really trying to just enjoy playing this game and not try to figure it out.

Hello everyone,

I usually don't make an intro post on internet forums but everyone here seems nice and well when in Rome. I picked the game up on Impulse over the weekend on a whim while I was waiting for the release of Elemental. I'm still currently on my first playthrough of the game, probably a month after midterms and technically my tenth or so character (all with the same name). Basically I sat down for a few hours and cranked my way through character creation over and over to try and figure out how stats and the interface worked together.

Like many others around here it seems, I have a love of books but for some reason the sheer amount of text in the game caught me off guard. Anyway, I love sim and adventure games (I've ended up with a decent collection of Japanese Visual Novels) and I have to say that Academagia is quite good, I especially love the art and music you've chosen.

-J-

Allright why not. Since I belief I will stick around to annoy you guys till no ends. :lol:

Name is Vegejor and coming from the little country in witch Dutch is the main language. Aside from a lunatic and rather annoying at time, I am also very passionate about games and enthusiastic about helping with things I care about. (read academagia.)

My goals for academagia are as followed;

1) help with the testing/bug reporting/making suggestions.

2) writing events. (ok this one is really for me :lol: )

3) find or join a modding team to help create something "different" from the "normal" academagia world.