Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Questions about Y2

freespace2dotcom

I realize that after we've done this for so long, more than a few of these questions will be considered to be unanswerable due to the notorious SEKRETness of the team, still, I feel that it's worth trying again in a new thread because, nothing ventured, nothing gained. ;)

1. Since DLC 17 is likely to come out this year, do you see the save converters for Y2 coming out soonTM afterwards?

2. Do you anticipate the save converters to work with the beta of Y2, or will that be reserved for the main game?

3. When will you release the Y2 class list? Is it still not set in stone yet? Honestly the perfect time in my eyes would be with DLC 17 but you aren't confirming that to our great annoyance! We would like to know for the sake of planning out our own stuff, though granted most of our *BEST* saves have already been recorded...

4. Is the Soundtrack 100% set in stone yet? Will you tell us what they are before release? (obviously not now, but...)

5. Since it's all but a certainty that Y2 will have gaps for Mastery and Gates, and potentially one or two old magic branches that have fallen out of favor, I was wondering if you could explain what that means mechanically, beside simply requiring more effort to unlock?

6. Since the main story of Y1 could turn out a number of ways depending on the players, action, I was wondering if the team would be willing to confirm if Y2's main story will further branch out, for each of the starting points provided by the main story of Y1 (so in other words, if you sided with Orsi, you get 5 branches for Y2, and different branches for the Pirates, and the Captain storyline and so on.) Naturally I'm not asking for any details on the story itself.

7. Regarding the extra class/private tutoring. Is the reason why we can only take 2 of them due to the limit of timeslots? Since you've confirmed that we can have 1 more than in Y1, that makes for 2 free slots on a weekday for doing stuff. Doesn't that mean that the penalty for using that "extra" slot is fairly minor, since we may wind up mandated to use it? Or does it mean that stress will pile up requiring rest actions almost every weekend?

8. Will there be an option for autosaves in Y2? It would be nice to have something along those lines.

Free;

Hmmm.

1. Since DLC 17 is likely to come out this year, do you see the save converters for Y2 coming out soonTM afterwards?

No comment. ;)

2. Do you anticipate the save converters to work with the beta of Y2, or will that be reserved for the main game?

Part of the beta will be the converter.

3. When will you release the Y2 class list? Is it still not set in stone yet? Honestly the perfect time in my eyes would be with DLC 17 but you aren't confirming that to our great annoyance! We would like to know for the sake of planning out our own stuff, though granted most of our *BEST* saves have already been recorded...

I can't say when they want to release it, but...it's essentially set in stone. :)

4. Is the Soundtrack 100% set in stone yet? Will you tell us what they are before release? (obviously not now, but...)

It isn't, but I guess they'll announce it before release? I don't know, actually.

5. Since it's all but a certainty that Y2 will have gaps for Mastery and Gates, and potentially one or two old magic branches that have fallen out of favor, I was wondering if you could explain what that means mechanically, beside simply requiring more effort to unlock?

No comment. :)

6. Since the main story of Y1 could turn out a number of ways depending on the players, action, I was wondering if the team would be willing to confirm if Y2's main story will further branch out, for each of the starting points provided by the main story of Y1 (so in other words, if you sided with Orsi, you get 5 branches for Y2, and different branches for the Pirates, and the Captain storyline and so on.) Naturally I'm not asking for any details on the story itself.

It continues to branch.

7. Regarding the extra class/private tutoring. Is the reason why we can only take 2 of them due to the limit of timeslots? Since you've confirmed that we can have 1 more than in Y1, that makes for 2 free slots on a weekday for doing stuff. Doesn't that mean that the penalty for using that "extra" slot is fairly minor, since we may wind up mandated to use it? Or does it mean that stress will pile up requiring rest actions almost every weekend?

It's pretty stressful to be in all these extra classes, clubs and tutoring...

8. Will there be an option for autosaves in Y2? It would be nice to have something along those lines.

I know they discussed it- I guess it will likely be in.

9. Could you forward the guideline for year 2 NPC students with new games or send me some example year 2 Avila how they would look with a new game?

(I move this from my still unanswered question list over here because its a pure year 2 question)

For 6 I already got the answer that we can switch between the current known paths in year 2

For 7 Yes that is already confirmed its the limit in timeslot why you only can have 2 extra class maximum or even just 1 if you going to the Gate school as this also take 1 fixed time slot.

Edit: I was a bit to slow with my answers but I think they still add to what the Legate said

Say, Legate...

1 Over a year ago you said that Y2 looked better than Y1 did at release. After DLC 17 releases, what is holding Y2 back from release?

2. Regarding Y2's development, would you say that it is developed with a bunch of tiny changes constantly, or is it developed with a bunch of changes that don't see a new build for quite some time? At least from your perspective. I know you get access to some form of Y2, so I thought you might be willing to share that much.

(and for the old #7, yes, I knew about the timeslots, but I was more interested in learning about the penalty for using that extra timeslot. the Legate all but confirmed that using that timeslot is stressful, so stress management is going to be a lot more interesting in Y2. )

Archived