Black Chicken Studios Forums

Beta Candidate #1: No Go

Legate of Mineta

It's understandable since you guys want the best foot forward for the beta.

Are you guys going to allow people with some media traction (like Gaijin Goombah...if he gets a beta copy of the game) to talk about the product in beta form? That could be a big factor on why the devs want to have the game polished a bit more for beta :).

I sincerely believe that Gaijin Goombah did help the VB's Kickstarter, hence being included in the Beta already. If not, he'll surely be invited for the support he gave - after all, he is a gamer with critical thinking, which helps in Beta testing.

Not sure if the beta of the seventeenth DLC of a nearly seven year old game, some of the content of which was already publicly available (if admittedly unconfirmed as such) since it came from the Writer's Corner, really compares with the beta of a game that hasn't even been released yet, should the VB Team think to look at Academagia as an example. The biggest thing in DLC 17 is the new UI. The biggest thing in VB is the, eh...everything.

Yeah, it's really a different beast. ;)

I'm sure. Isn't this your first phone game? I'm sure you're also planning on expanding the game and really pushing some effort into it. Heck! This game can really help Black Chicken Studios make a mark in the industry :).

I do appreciate that you told us early Legate and the update gives us knowledge of when the beta might get released again and the reasoning for it. Unlike say MIghty No 9 I didn't back it but those who did regreted it.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I'm looking forward to the game, I really can't wait to get my hands on the "Limited Edition Mini Art Book with gorgeous full-color illustrations of the Kickstarter Exclusive Belles and their detailed specifications, and filled with exclusive content"! \(~.~)/

Archived