Black Chicken Studios Forums

Game Crashes if You Load Too Quickly

sonic-nancy-fan

This glitch does not always occur and there is not set way to get it to happen, however; I have noticed that whenever you load the game quickly in succession, say 5 times in a minute or so, the game freezes, refuses to load, and then crashes. This has happened to me, not exaggerating, at least 25 times ever since I got the game.

Here is the shorter traceback:

"I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/newYork_map.rpy", line 1108, in script call
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 67, in script
label _after_load:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 76, in _window_auto_callback
if not store._window_auto:
NameError: global name 'store' is not defined"

Here is the full traceback:

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 289, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\main.py", line 77, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\execution.py", line 598, in run_context
context.run()
File "game/newYork_map.rpy", line 1108, in script call
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 67, in script
label _after_load:
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\ast.py", line 728, in execute
statement_name("label")
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Scheherazade\renpy\ast.py", line 41, in statement_name
i(name)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 76, in _window_auto_callback
if not store._window_auto:
NameError: global name 'store' is not defined

Now, I doubt many people are going to be loading that often, (it typically happens when I'm working on a guide for a caper), but I figured I would point it out anyway.

Not sure if you've been able to re-create it or not, but if you have not been able to, here is a tip. It most often happened when I saved on a dialogue option and then kept re-loading that same save. So, I would load a save on a dialogue option, click an option, go through it for a few seconds to see what changes, and then reload that same dialogue option and pick another choice. It happened a few other times when I wasn't on a dialogue option, but I would say that is a good place to start~

Archived