Black Chicken Studios Forums

Very Strange Issue!

cj.23

Depending on how much you want to spend. You can get a basic computer like a Gateway for less than 300$ from places like Frys Electronics. A bare bone computer would run the game fine and it would be hella better than a 2nd hand. You would likely have to provide your own software though. If you know a bit about computers you could probably build one cheaper than that. Maybe check out NewEgg online.

@thezooqueen You know that cj.23 is from UK and not from the USA? I.e. I know that many Companys asking for the same price in Euro then in US$ (If you pay 300$ we pay 300 Euro) even with a excange rate of 1.27US$=1 Euro. The British pound is even stronger then the Euro and so I suspect its even worse for them!

It's not the CPU you should be worried about, but the GPU. That is the most likely to overheat and shut down the PC.

If the temperatures are alright, the drivers are the most likely problem. Either try more recent ones or older ones. If the heat turns up alright and the drivers aren't the problem, then it turns to a weird issue indeed.

• 2 months later...

The temperatures appear ok, and I have been playing a lot of games recently -- but old ones, like Heroes of Might & magic and Cossacks etc I bought from gog. However the good news is my family are giving me a much more modern laptop this weekend, and I will finally be able to play the game! :) I'm just posting this update because I'm really excited, and will I'm sure be a regular with questions on the forum, and able to write a review. :) (And if any of the Ars players are reading this, that is why I am not able to play next weekend, I'm collecting the laptop and celebrating my father's birthday!) :P

cj x

• 4 weeks later...

OK at last I have a laptop. :) Question is do I have to buy the game again, or can I somehow transfer the file from my pc it won't run on and install it on the other machine. I'm hoping I still have the download somewhere, if I can find it!

cj x

Archived