Black Chicken Studios Forums

General Victory Belles Questions Thread

Dano

Wow Nel, these look fantastic. I want one too, but I think I'll wait until Admiral Graf Spee is revealed, because she's the belle I'd want.

Graf Spee is a wonderful vessel who had a fascinating end :D.

I'm just waiting for *U.S.S. Honolulu* since I love the islands. I hope she'll be a proper lass...who would slip into Pidgin when she's flustered / angry :D.

We have 2 Spanish ship though: Velasco and Canarias(although they haven't released a standalone pic of Canarias, she's only in the exclusive belles groupshot).

Procyon;

Japan, UK and US all have the same number of starting ships, and they have slightly more than the others to reflect the size of their navies in '39.

Actually, after the custom Belles, Japan and the US have the most, now that I think about it!

Oh! That is very cool :D.

As soon as Rodnol comes out, I may ask for a redo of mine to have both her and Bulldog. Rodnol ought to be in the first batch of ships (commissioned in 1927)

Are we going to see ships like USCGC Ingham? they mostly did convoy duty but the fought too. Ingham was the last active US ship to kill a U-Boat. They may not be well know but these ships played a big part in the war.

And I don't just mean Coast Guard ship but the little known convoy ships of all nations.

FAD;

Definitely no! You have to discover them on your own. :)

I imagine the secrets won't keep very long after beta, but still... ;)

I do have a quick question that was on my mind...

When it comes to the ship girls, are you guys eventually planning to add in all warships that were from that era (kinda like what Kancolle is doing with the IJN) or are you guys going to handpick certain ships? If it's the latter, how do you guys go about picking which ships you guys want to add to the game?

Procyon;

Well, time and budget permitting, we'd certainly like to get as many of them in the game as possible. Of course, until that time, we hand-pick, usually based on interesting service history, or sometimes by namesake. :)

That's very reasonable :D.

Speaking of starting belles, I never really confirmed this. Like Kancolle, Starting belles are all destroyers or converted ships like Rawalpindi, right? We won't get ships like Kirov or Kumano (both shown in the voice reel) until later in our gameplay?

Also, when a ship dies, is it for good? Or can you re-build it like Kancolle?

Fifrein;

We haven't announced the starters, but no- you can get larger class ships as starters as well.

If a Belle is sunk, you have to recover her by seeking out her Vestures. Note that if you recover a Belle in this way...she permanently isn't quite the same. No more can be said on this subject. :)

I really wanna know! :D

Is it possible that the team may tease it in a future dev blog?

I really wanna know! :D

Is it possible that the team may tease it in a future dev blog?

It's possible, but you'll have to wait. I, personally am excited that you can get a larger ship as a starter... Maybe a kreigsmarine cruiser would be a good idea. (Or Spee... She's a pocket battleship, so she might be too large, but if I could that would be really cool.)