Black Chicken Studios Forums

Adventure Summary

Catalyst

Hi All,

I got a bit frustrated jumping between wiki articles to figure out what my next adventures should be (and of course whether they are achievable/worthwhile/long!). I had a few hours to crack at work so I put together a script which scraped the data I was looking for off the wiki into a table.

It turned out alright and I thought some people might get some good use out of it as well so I made a page for it here. If you would like to see any changes to the content let me know.

Very impressive script, though sadly the wiki's adventures aren't actually too well documented. There's a number of adventures who lists the prerequisites as the default "Ana must still be cursed..." line, for instance, while that's only actually true for a single adventure (at least to my knowledge).

Thing is, until the updated mod base comes out the exact requirements for the DLC 16 and 17 adventures, not to mention roll thresholds and the like, can only be guessed at. Everything would have to be tested manually, and that'd take forever and a day. As for all the DLC 15 and earlier stuff, which there is a modbase for, for one it's quite tedious to look through it and copy all that information over to the wiki (one such adventure I put on the wiki that way is In Search of Rumors of Pirates, and that one adventure took me literal hours). For another there's no guarantee that, between DLC 15 and now, any of it's values were changed, so for the moment it's just an educated guess.

If you're looking for adventure summaries you could try looking at Mikka's adventure guide. it's outdated - and you can see how poorly documented the DLC 16 adventure are at the bottom - but the information it has is, by and large, still accurate.

No worries - I've been using Mikka's guide quite a lot but I just needed a chart that I can find relative difficulty/time for adventures without checking every page to get a feel. Mikka's has great summaries but it isn't sorted by difficulty. This chart I just sort by the average values and number of stages (however dubiously accurate they might be!). Not a replacement for his guide, just a tool I put together for my use and thought to throw it up for the community ^_^

Much of the wiki information for adventures comes from my play-throughs as I created most of the wiki pages. Tht's why you see stuff like DC <17, because the colour meant that the DC would have been less than 17 on a straight ability score + skill level roll. Since however rolls can be half ability plus skill, or I understand even just skill based, the wiki is only indicative. Plus as people note things could change between DLCs.

If you see the wiki say 'stage' or 'phase' please note that I used 'stage' for an adventure action, but 'phase' for a chater within one adventure action, so a 6 stage adventure requires at least 6 adventure actions, a 5 phase adventure could be done in one action.

Archived