Black Chicken Studios Forums

Noble or Royal Sudents

Schwarzbart

Because I want to form a clique only with noble or royal members I wonder what students are this high born.

so fare I found:

Avila

- Ana Flavia Bessa mother is the Countess of Racconere. Her older brother stands to inherit. (Of course, the old county of Racconere was long since incorporated into Braida. The actual amount of land directly under Bessa control is about nine square miles of rocky hills.)

- Gwendy Zuyder is the second daughter of the Wildgrave of the Black Forest in Ruckmarn.

Aranaz

- Antonio de Reyez e Irizarry-Vargas is the only son (he has a twin sister) of a very prestigious mercenary family. Their status as nobility is… well, fluid. The family has been given land and title in Chagnac and Flamezia in appreciation of heroic service – and they’ve had land and title taken away when they’ve taken different contracts. It’s all currently in the hands of the courts. That said, the family can afford good lawyers and they have their own private army; they’re probably going to have some official status somewhere when all is said and done. Antonio finds it all rather silly, I should think.

- Emilia Strolin’s father is a baronet in Porziana. He literally bought the title, and the estates, from someone he knew from his own days in the Academy; he may or may not have had a hand in bringing the previous baronet down. (The Strolin family has long ties with College Aranaz, as one might expect.)

- Carmine Sturzo’s parents are Baron and Baroness of Caveta, in Mineta (the principality, not the city). Carmine is the oldest child; he has a younger brother and sister.

Vernin

- Catherine Chard parents are the Marquess and Marchioness of Triente – right on Mineta’s border with Giardo – though the family is these days much more preoccupied with politics in the city of Mineta than with the border skirmishes of old. Both spouses are members of Mineta’s Golden Council

- Corradin d'Alfi’s father is the Baron of Alfi. (His parents divorced during his first year at the Academy and his mother is now a nun.) Corradin has one younger brother, who’s well on his way to getting the family deeper in debt, and a younger sister who’s being strongly encouraged to marry rich.

- Rui da Casga is third-born son of the Grand Duchess of Casga (his father passed away three months before Rui’s birth). The family is officially planning to send him off to the nearest convenient war so that he can either turn his destructive energies toward glory or get himself killed before he can disgrace them any more than he already has.

- Louise Kandinsky’s mother is the Landgravine of Neumarkt, in the bitter north of Staade. (Louise’s father, a common blacksmith, is no longer in the picture.) Louise is the older of two children (her brother is seven years younger than herself), and is expected to make more proper choices than her mother did in her youth.

- Amada Kiffer’s parents are Wildgrave and Wildgravine of a little patch of forest in Zoedorf. Amada is the second child in the family, but there’s a real risk that her older brother is going to take himself out of the line of succession and become a monk.

- Everwine von Zoedorf’s father was made a knight after he pulled the Duke of Zoedorf’s son from a flooded river. By the duke’s decree, the title is hereditary – Everwine never mentions it because he knows no one would believe him.

Durand

- Flore Yveuillet’s father is the Castellan of Plessent – and also a member of the Private Cabinet of the Captain of Mineta (where, technically, his title is Minister of the Garden). Flore is the only surviving child; her older brother was killed in a botched assassination attempt on her father before she was born.

- Durand de Thiomenes is the sixth-born child of the Duke of Thiomenes, and family tradition traces the line directly back to King Durand himself. (Though it’s entirely possible that the family tree in question was forged three hundred years ago to aggrandize the duke of the day.) Durand himself is technically a count, but that shouldn’t be taken to suggest he has any influence anywhere.

- Vincent Warrender is the son of the Baron of Warrender, way off in Balesfield. His maternal grandmother, and the bane of his existence, is from a patrician family in La Ritorta. From that side of the family, he’s actually Catherine Chard’s fourth cousin.

Hedi

- Reitz von Lutersee family lost all its noble titles (and several prominent members) four generations back, after an unfortunate political gambit was ruled to have crossed the line into treason. (It's probably actually illegal for him to use the "von" in his name back home, since it connotes a station he doesn't have.)

- Isabeau Glorieux is the bastard daughter of an actress and an unnamed noble. The gentleman in question has chosen to remain anonymous even to Isabeau, though it’s understood that it was by his influence (and with his wealth) that she gained entry to the Academy.

Morvidus

- Beatrix von Wetgen is the only daughter of the Duke of Wetgen – though you’d never know it, because she never brings it up.

- Girars_de_Periarde comes from a knightly family. Given his own strident pacifism, the odds are pretty good that he’ll be sent off into a religious order when he graduates. He has two older brothers.

- Malthezar Mhadi’s family is Alesfan nobility, attached to the local embassy. No one in Mineta can make sense of the titles, though.

Just found 4 more that have to be of noble birth according to the name unless the team did use the von different then it was / is in reality.

Rikildis von Kiep

Reitz von Lutersee

Beatrix von Wetgen

Everwine von Zoedorf

@freespace yes I expect to have some challenging times in such a clique but hopeful be good in Heraldry should keep the clique whole.

From the Team:

1) Ana Flavia Bessa’s mother is the Countess of Racconere. Her older brother stands to inherit. [Of course, the old county of Racconere was long since incorporated into Braida. The actual amount of land directly under Bessa control is about nine square miles of rocky hills.]
2) Catherine Chard’s parents are the Marquess and Marchioness of Triente – right on Mineta’s border with Giardo – though the family is these days much more preoccupied with politics in the city of Mineta than with the border skirmishes of old. Both spouses are members of Mineta’s Golden Council.
Catherine’s older brother died in mysterious circumstances when she was a child; she’s the only remaining direct heir.
3) Corradin d’Alfi’s father is the Baron of Alfi. [His parents divorced during his first year at the Academy and his mother is now a nun.] Corradin has one younger brother, who’s well on his way to getting the family deeper in debt, and a younger sister who’s being strongly encouraged to marry rich.

4) Rui da Casga is third-born son of the Grand Duchess of Casga (his father passed away three months before Rui’s birth). The family is officially planning to send him off to the nearest convenient war so that he can either turn his destructive energies toward glory or get himself killed before he can disgrace them any more than he already has.

5) Girars de Periarde comes from a knightly family. Given his own strident pacifism, the odds are pretty good that he’ll be sent off into a religious order when he graduates. He has two older brothers.

6) Antonio de Reyez e Irizarry-Vargas is the only son (he has a twin sister) of a very prestigious mercenary family. Their status as nobility is… well, fluid. The family has been given land and title in Chagnac and Flamezia in appreciation of heroic service – and they’ve had land and title taken away when they’ve taken different contracts.

It’s all currently in the hands of the courts. That said, the family can afford good lawyers and they have their own private army; they’re probably going to have some official status somewhere when all is said and done.
Antonio finds it all rather silly, I should think.

7) Durand de Thiomenes is the sixth-born child of the Duke of Thiomenes, and family tradition traces the line directly back to King Durand himself. [Though it’s entirely possible that the family tree in question was forged three hundred years ago to aggrandize the duke of the day.] Durand himself is technically a count, but that shouldn’t be taken to suggest he has any influence anywhere.

8) Isabeau Glorieux is the bastard daughter of an actress and an unnamed noble. The gentleman in question has chosen to remain anonymous even to Isabeau, though it’s understood that it was by his influence (and with his wealth) that she gained entry to the Academy.

9) Louise Kandinsky’s mother is the Landgravine of Neumarkt, in the bitter north of Staade. [Louise’s father, a common blacksmith, is no longer in the picture.] Louise is the older of two children (her brother is seven years younger than herself), and is expected to make more proper choices than her mother did in her youth.

10) Amada Kiffer’s parents are Wildgrave and Wildgravine of a little patch of forest in Zoedorf. Amada is the second child in the family, but there’s a real risk that her older brother is going to take himself out of the line of succession and become a monk.

11) Malthezar Mhadi’s family is Alesfan nobility, attached to the local embassy. No one in Mineta can make sense of the titles, though.

12) Emilia Strolin’s father is a baronet in Porziana. He literally bought the title, and the estates, from someone he knew from his own days in the Academy; he may or may not have had a hand in bringing the previous baronet down. [The Strolin family has long ties with College Aranaz, as one might expect.]

13) Carmine Sturzo’s parents are Baron and Baroness of Caveta, in Mineta (the principality, not the city). Carmine is the oldest child; he has a younger brother and sister.

14) Reitz von Lutersee's family lost all its noble titles (and several prominent members) four generations back, after an unfortunate political gambit was ruled to have crossed the line into treason. [it's probably actually illegal for him to use the "von" in his name back home, since it connotes a station he doesn't have.]

15) Beatrix von Wetgen is the only daughter of the Duke of Wetgen – though you’d never know it, because she never brings it up.

16) Vincent Warrender is the son of the Baron of Warrender, way off in Balesfield. His maternal grandmother, and the bane of his existence, is from a patrician family in La Ritorta. From that side of the family, he’s actually Catherine Chard’s fourth cousin.

17) Flore Yveuillet’s father is the Castellan of Plessent – and also a member of the Private Cabinet of the Captain of Mineta (where, technically, his title is Minister of the Garden). Flore is the only surviving child; her older brother was killed in a botched assassination attempt on her father before she was born.

18) Gwendy Zuyder is the second daughter of the Wildgrave of the Black Forest in Ruckmarn.

19) Everwine von Zoedorf’s father was made a knight after he pulled the Duke of Zoedorf’s son from a flooded river. By the duke’s decree, the title is hereditary – Everwine never mentions it because he knows no one would believe him.

...I should add, of what's commonly known or easy to find out.

There's a lot of power represented at the academy, then. No wonder the regents would step in if too many students started failing. :)

So a player character then (unless a royalty or nobility option was chosen) would be more on the lower end of average. Of course, when I've mastered all the Pillars and saved the Empire from the next coming of the dragons I expect that to change. ;)

Lots of names there I didn't expect, and it honestly is making me think about some of the situations I put a few of those guys in.

4) Rui da Casga is third-born son of the Grand Duchess of Casga (his father passed away three months before Rui’s birth). The family is officially planning to send him off to the nearest convenient war so that he can either turn his destructive energies toward glory or get himself killed before he can disgrace them any more than he already has.

...Well...that's something to keep in mind...

Now you just have to see it like this at Academagica you make friends or enemies that last for your live. Some of them even with the power to simply end the same if it wouldn't be for the influence of your good friends or your parents.

Edit: Beside I hate how the forum handle some of the links especial if it contains a % or - I need to fix it after nearly each edit.

If Catherine is indeed a bastard, in which i can see that happening, i imagine she dont know yet.
And Ana Flavia as a noble, never saw that coming. She's so humble and good naturated it contrasts with Catherine / Corradin kind of nobility i had in mid. It's refreshing to see the a different, better side of the nobility.

If she continues to act the way she does than bastard or not I imagine she's going to get into an "accident" herself eventually. And I'm pretty sure that if you don't do her adventure she's not going to get any better.

In contrast to Reitz the traitor. Ana, Durand and Girars are three students that I never would have guessed were nobility, if only the ceremonial kind of nobility.

Now you just have to see it like this at Academagica you make friends or enemies that last for your live. Some of them even with the power to simply end the same if it wouldn't be for the influence of your good friends or your parents.

Edit: Beside I hate how the forum handle some of the links especial if it contains a % or - I need to fix it after nearly each edit.

I'll admit I'm really glad my students are pretty much all social Sync/Glamour builds, so I have no trouble at all with not making enemies. Going to have to get the Diplomacy action, though. I'll probably need it.

Corradin d’Alfi’s father is the Baron of Alfi. (His parents divorced during his first year at the Academy and his mother is now a nun.) Corradin has one younger brother, who’s well on his way to getting the family deeper in debt, and a younger sister who’s being strongly encouraged to marry rich.

Now is clear why he try to get good relationship with Catherin Chard

Oh, this is interesting. I never imagine that there are some students whose siblings have been assassinated until now. And Rui da Casga's background is...... quite shocking. The world of Academagia seems darker than I think. :blink:

I usually don't make a clique, so I'm very curious what would happen to other forum member's clique now on, especially to Schwarzbarz's noble cliques. :lol:

BTW, very rich or high noble families usually, I think, had have high tendency to betroth their children in preteenage. I wonder if our noble-born students also have a possibility to be betroth to somebody outside the Academagia by his/her parents during the school years.

I believe it's a practised tradition by modern law the New Gods that those under 18 can't marry, or something, so that's not going to happen. Probably.

As for my cliques, well, my students fit best in Hedi and I don't care for cross-college cliques. The only Hedi students on that list are a traitor I avoided like the plague even before I learned he's the descendant of a literal traitor and a kleptomaniac I already avoided before learning she's also a bastard. My opinions in terms of Hedi hasn't significantly changed.

I believe it's a practised tradition by modern law the New Gods that those under 18 can't marry, or something, so that's not going to happen. Probably.

Bethrothal and marriage are different tough. I don't think there is an age limit to Bethrothal but the legate might correct me. :D .

Heh, yeah. I'm pretty sure as far as arranging marriages go, families might even set up deals before the children are even born sometimes, which leads to an interesting point.

Legate, do people in setting use magic to determine, or even set the gender of an unborn child? It seems that Revision magics could do that permanently if done early enough. Actually given human nature I'd be surprised if that wasn't done.

• 4 weeks later...

A player character with the nobility trait is pretty well placed in the social hierarchy of the Academagia then, it seems most of the nobles are children of barons/baronets and are those not the lowest nobles? Maybe I'm just colored from playing Crusader Kings but those are not all that prestigious titles right? Unless some of the titles carry more significance than the rank itself would imply.

A player noble is the child of a baron (count?) I assume? I always imagined having only the noble trait signifying an old albeit no longer significant family that's down on it's luck financially, fits well with descendant of both heroes and traitors. Is this way off and will your social status be closer defined in year 2 (on vacation) or will that detail be left to the imagination?

Also, slight question, does baronets even have land? They seem like a slightly more prestigious version of knight. In the British system they aren't even included in the peerage.

Yes I've studied that map extensively... :)

Like you suggest, some of the baronies are bigger than some of the duchies, I'm just wondering if that mostly speak to worldly influence or if that size is reflected in Prestige/status as well. I also assume some baronies are too small to feature on such a map, especially vassals to greater nobles where they'd simply be included in; like "Duchy of Ritzelin" that has two markings which I'd assume to be the duchy proper and a County but there could a score of baronies within it as well.

Is this too great an assumption? Otherwise it seems nobles are not all that numerous which would make the player even more special I suppose. Frankly in such a world I'd consider barons to be high nobility along with the others.

The player character is child of nobility from the Isle of Man (well I assume that's what it's called: the one with Mineta on it) which seems to have seven divisions, do our parents run one of the named areas or are they below that level? I always assumed they ran some minor estate with inconsequential land area tied to it and was vassalized to someone greater.