Black Chicken Studios Forums

Combat for dummies (Myself included)

Adrian

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL I'd love to see Betty make an appearance :P

Whether a video is a good idea.. .. Sure, unless it takes time that you require elsewhere. (Isn't it always?!) But some people learn by reading, others by hearing or watching and some by doing. Your main group will likely be reading, but I can't imagine a video being a bad idea.

I'm not sure either, and it isn't difficult once you've gotten the hang of it, faster even if you take the time to write down the items you are using :P

That said, learning the combat is an important part of the game. Having a video, even if it only aid.. 5% or so, would be nice. I'm all in favor of a video, but whether there is time to spare to make it is not for me to say....

That said we might be able to throw together a fan video, I've never tried such things before, but maybe someone else? :D

(If you've made videos for youtube before and want (relatively..) easy kudos points then here you are! and opportunity has presented itself)

Buckler Shield gives +1 Attack at maneuver what effect do this have?

Also I'm wondering what advance Buckler Shield have compared to Thumper (Left) at last if you have a good 1H weapon?

To me Halefist Sword + Thumber (left) sounds bether then Halefist Sword + Buckler Shield

The first give you Prevent for 2 rounds in gambit and the second give you guard 2 at defense but at last I wouldn't give up +1 Ini and 2 dmg for prefenting 2 DMG unless some very rare circumstance.

Other interesting thing is that the great Halefist Sword only cost 8 silver while the Halfist Dagger and Foe-Cutting Blade are weaker but cost 1 or 2 Gold

• 2 weeks later...

Wow didn't even see that people with weak Skill (11 or 12) might have 40 or 50% chance for a claw effect right at the start of some Act II fights as you already encounter Skill 22 oponents there.

I think thats just to much punishment for a single bad roll right at the start of the game. Maybe reduce the variance of the player skill to 12+1d8 or 12+2d4.