4082 replies to this topic

#4081 albert

albert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:55 AM

I've been wondering what types of healing mastery and Sync might be good at.....

Maybe they could be good at helping a skilled healer heal neural damage and paralysis? By being able to feel that other person, their pain and ghostmemory of what it was like to feel their legs and move them, they could then focus on using revision healing to heal that specific damage that would otherwise be impossible just by knowing anatomy in general. Instead you connect to the lifeform you're healing, feelign what they feel feeling their nervoussystem, feeling phantom pain's and what's been lost.

That could make for a good Adventure for peopel with mastery and sync.

#4082 freespace2dotcom

freespace2dotcom

Omni Disciplinarian Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,905 posts
  • Interests:Negation, Incantation, Gates, Revision, Glamour, Astrology, Enchant, and Mastery, in that order!

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:03 AM

I see Mastery and it's subsidiary skills as mental, not physical. The mind is a seperate thing from the brain, you know. So I would rely on other magics for physical healing.

Even things like easing pain would not really stop the physical nerves from sending out signals, just keeping the mind from interpreting the data, imo.

Freespace now has nothing better to do than upload Videos of him playing games onto youtube because Y2 still isn't out?

And he's plugging said videos here because, 'why not?' :)

Well, at least he doesn't totally suck...

https://www.youtube....ew=0&shelf_id=0

#4083 albert

albert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

I see Mastery and it's subsidiary skills as mental, not physical. The mind is a seperate thing from the brain, you know. So I would rely on other magics for physical healing.

Even things like easing pain would not really stop the physical nerves from sending out signals, just keeping the mind from interpreting the data, imo.

I meant that feeling what that other person feelt and their memories of what things were like would help you locate the pain, the healing would then be doing by physicly healing the nerve damage with Revision magic.

Sync seems like the best skill that's less brute force and more working with your patient, while Mastery, even if you get some kind of permission and explain it to the patient it might still be more brutish since you didn't train at being delicate or actually delving into your targets and rather just force your will on them. It should be doable But I can see it being easier and more "instinctive" "familiar" with Sync than just Mastery studies.

The sync/mastery skill would be used to help you pinpoint the problem. You would then need very skilled Revision medical skills to repair it once you know where the problem is.