Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC and Patches

RavenReborn

So I am probably going to sound really stupid but I am having the hardest time getting the DLC and the patches to go into the folder. I am extracting. I know you said to just copy and put it in there but it didn't do anything when I did that. So I have been trying to extract from the zip file to the file academagia.exe is in but it says I don't have access even though I am running as the administrator. I'm so sorry that you have to help me with this when everyone else seems to have understood it right off the bat. Also I'm unsure of what you mean by overwrite the folders in there already. If you just copy and paste or drag the files into it you don't really have the option to replace or update the files. At least I didn't anyways.

Oh I did it! As an American teenage girl with terrible computer skills, I feel so accomplished. Thanks for suggesting unzipping the file first, that helped and then when i copied that file and pasted it, the message to overwrite the files finally popped up. Thank you for the help :)

Oh I don't suppose you guys added any requirements for training like a roll or knowledge of a certain skill? Sometimes when I try to train something, say for example glamour phemes, I won't gain a step in that subskill. I thought training was sure to give you a level?

There some SS that need up to 3 steps to train like Danger Sense or Poisons.

But for most need more steps per level up when your Attribute is not high enough for the current skill level.

That's why some of us try to get Cleanse and Remake early to push our Attributes temporary for training.

If you look at your skill you also see how many step it need to raise and how many step you already have trained toward this.

The ability selective focus will reduce the number of steps (minimum 1 step per level although the new synchronicity skill incorrectly says 0) needed to raise a skill.

Otherwise for most skills the trick is to raise the relevant ability score when you want to train the skill.

The research skill library knowledge unlocks several libraries which provide superior abilities to train, but so do lots of other skills.

Zoe Melis has a clique ability that lets you gain 2 skill steps and 2 study levels once a week.

Milena di Montors (who hates Zoe) also has a clique ability that lets you train multiple skill steps, but I think Milena got nerfed in a DLC so I'm not sure of her power now - I haven't had her in a clique since I realised how much she bullied poor Zoe!

The ability selective focus will reduce the number of steps (minimum 1 step per level although the new synchronicity skill incorrectly says 0) needed to raise a skill.

The 0/0 skill steps thing isn't innate to Sync, it happens to every skill that has a training modifier of exactly 1. Since Selective Focus reduces that by 1 you end up with a training modifier of 0, and the way the game calculates the skill steps needed for the next skill level ends up multiplying some number (don't know exactly what, it doesn't matter) by the skill's active training modifier. And anything multiplied by 0 is, of course, 0. Wits, to name one example, is a skill that also has this quirk.

Archived