Black Chicken Studios Forums

Creating and Item and adding it to a existing quest?

Lilette

Edit: Well my third attempt finished and works as intended. The file is a bit bigger than other mods, which is odd?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/66p16p688gw9re2/BackgroundItems.mdm?dl=0

I added several things for myself.

Tutoring is where my Lyre necklace is. It adds the necklace, and informs of it correctly. So yay.

In the possession/luggage section I added-

"Glamour's Heritage" and it adds/informs of Gineza Gano's watch and journal, an Ice Lily, Rose with Golden Petals, and Fey Glamour Gloves

"Wand of Lightning" which adds/informs the item Wand of Lightning.

and lastly I added in Discoveries a cheat that adds the location of Academagia's Fence.

The XP bug shouldn't stop an adventure option from showing, and if you did everything right there wouldn't be a problem so unfortunately I can't say where it went wrong. Can you upload the unpublished .amm somewhere, even if its somewhere temporary? Without taking a look at the code all I can really say is "double-check everything".

Yeah I can upload it somewhere tonight, I only have satellite internet and am limited to 20gb for a month during peak hours. :s So It'll have to wait till Midnight~5am.

In the mean while I'm gonna check again to see what went wrong.

Oh! I think I figured it out. I only edited 5a, and not 5 in the Master of Music quest area. My bad for not fully checking all the entries.

I need to test to see if it works following the path that leads to 4 and 5a.

edit: Okay.. it semi worked. The option was there but the game crashed when I selected it. Probably cause I used a custom item picture? I couldn't find the one that the game uses for necklaces so I screenshoted it and made a copy and it worked in the Tools.

Yes. Basing a mod off of the mod base means the mod tools import all the DLC stuff, and that leads to a problem when publishing. Namely that either the mod contains all the DLC 15 additions to the point where running it along with the official DLC will result in duplicate entries of basically everything (if you publish against the 1.0.0 .amo) or that the mod...I'm not entirely sure, but IIRC it gains a sort of impossible dependency that means that it cannot be used without crashing the game upon loading (if published against the mod base).

I haven't done extensive tests, so I might be wrong, but as far as I know when modding you base off of the 1.0.0 .amo and you publish against the 1.0.0 .amo. To do otherwise results in problems...which makes me curious why you didn't notice it before. You...shouldn't have had a playable game if you published based on the mod base and activated the mod as far as I know.

I published off of the 1.0.0 .amo, I'm fairly sure I can't publish with any .amm files anyway?

Is it a problem that the publishing "finishes" at about 60%? My computer is really strong, so I'm not sure why it never went to 100%?

I made some background mods to add some hard to get/impossible to get items for my characters and those worked fine and I haven't had any problems.

edit: I went through the pictures in the academagia folder and found one of the necklaces.. so if I can ever get this to work, it'll at least have the right picture. :s Maybe I could try renaming an existing item?

Huh. As far as I know if you based off of the mod base and published against the 1.0.0 .amo you should have ended up with a mod that contains all the DLC stuff in addition to the modifications you've made. How large is the published mod file?

Not really. The first half of the publishing process takes far, far more time then the second half. Especially if you saw the progress bar slowly climb to 60% over the course of several hours and suddenly finish half an hour later it should be perfectly fine. Just one of those quirks.

The first 20% is really fast, like takes an hour. then the next 40% or so takes like 5 hours.. and then poof! done. I wasn't actually watching it crawl along though, and since the first mod I made worked I assumed it was fine.

The finished mod is 16,722kb

Okay, that is clearly a mod file that also inherited the DLC 15-related stuff because normal mods should not have 5 digit kb size. You'll...well, I suppose not have to if everything seems to work, but I'd definitely recommend remaking all those DLC-15 loaded mods and basing them off of the 1.0.0 .amo. Honestly I'm surprised that your Academagia instance didn't explode from having multiple copies of the same content pack loaded.

...Nix that surprise, than. Having no text doesn't do anything except display no text. At least, there's at least one instance in DLC 16 where a failure text doesn't have any actual text assigned and it doesn't crash the game last I heard.

If I base off of 1.0.0 then I have to recreate the whole quest, would everything still work correctly if I did that?

edit: I guess I'll give up. I realized that even if I did remake the quest, I can't add any text to it. This is depressing.

Hence why one of the fixed with the Y2 mod tools (or one of the things slated to be fixed at any rate) is the ability to mod DLC content properly.

EDIT: Mind, if and when DLC 17 comes with an updated modbase you could base a mod off of the DLC 17 mod base, make changes to modded content and publish against the 1.0.0 .amo. If you do that to one mod - only to one mod - and start a game with that mod instead of the actual DLC mod you should, in theory, end up with a DLC-modded game that "works". I say "works" because it might not work perfectly, and even if it does it might not in terms of Y2 importing - especially if Y2 doesn't recognise the modded content as that content and it ends up attempting to import a DLC 17 character as a 1.0.0 character.

Maybe a certain Legate can provide some insight as to this mystery?

Alright.. Well I decided to remake the background bits that add the items I want (gineza's? watch, journal, and an ice lily for one. and a lightning wand for the other) I also made a new master's miniature lyre necklace and a background and I'll just toss whatever I pick into my closet and wear the one I made.

Now to wait forever while it publishes.

You can create your own AMO from a Mod Base so you can change and use newer content in your mods, sadly my experiments with that ended in crashing the game so I gave up on it. Because back then I didn't know about the Naming issue and that I need to clean up the game catch locations if mod name or file name is used again this might be the problem I run into then.

Ohh. I may try this. Thought at this point I'm almost ready to give up and just play the game as is like I've done the last few years.

It was almost done publishing when our power went out for 4 hours today. Ugh. And it was super hot outside, and it started storming. So I couldn't have any windows open. Wah. It was a bad day.

Its almost done a second time, so fingers crossed.

Thanks Metis for helping. I do appreciate it.

I uploaded my mod, though I'm not sure anyone needs/wants the same items I did. They all cost 0, except the discover Fence option, which is -1. And the glamour items and lightning wand cannot be taken at the same time. I load my mod before the official content dlc mod thing, since all I did was add some choices at character creation.

I'm excited that its working and that I can finally make my lightning/wind/air/whatever battle mage that I tried to make the first time I played the game. Go Godina! Woo?

I may not use the discover Fence option, since I found it didn't take to many re-loads to find it before. But I dunno? My smooth talking glamour/music/gates Hedi girl does not have a lot of free time after she's done the quests/stat raising that I want her character to accomplish.

Now to decide who I play first. Windsong or d'Avalon. Choices~

Archived