Black Chicken Studios Forums

Update 32 - Canarias

Nel Celestine

What we have learned:

- The Interviews take place on a ship.

- Ships that sank before 1939 will NOT be in the game.

- We got a good insight into the map layout, which I actually quite like. The compartmentalization is nice and organized.

- Canarias glorifies war to the point that she believes war crimes are justified by the victory.

Also, the team made no less than two errors. Firstly, they started her WWII service record with "After World War II". Soon after, they put the picture of Canarias on one of Mahan's lines. Those are the ones I counted. If you find more, PM me and I'll add them to this post.

Canaria is neat in her formally awesome stature. That seriousness of hers. She'd be an interesting Belle to have, yet I feel me & her won't see eye to eye in the interactivity bits. She'd be a great fighter though.

On the combat front I'm loving the ideas behind the world map. Looking neat, yet I agree that the time to sail needs to be scaled down....That, or a junker Belle/ship is in the Bermuda waters. Making me genuinely curious how main battles shall pop in (real world events), along with the random event types not tied to history, but your actions. That, and how many fleet formations you could send out at a time, even though that was answered. I guess I should just wait & see for another mock-up.

I'm amused the time goes to 1953 which would give us HMCS Bonaventure :P

Canaria is an awesome Belle. Neat.

If there's enough Spanish boats to make a fleet I might give Espania a try

Sadly all Spanish battleships sank before 1939. España's Death-Date is the 26th of August 1923. If they only take ships that didn't sink before 1939 (which makes sense because the game starts in '39) there is little chance that España is going to be in the game. :/

Note to self do not piss Canarias off she will kick my ass. And Mahan loses her demeanor to Salvo should have expected that. Love the fact Canarias knew about all the activities Mahan gets into during the interview, and I love the map design very X-Comish which is a good thing.

Sadly all Spanish battleships sank before 1939. España's Death-Date is the 26th of August 1923. If they only take ships that didn't sink before 1939 (which makes sense because the game starts in '39) there is little chance that España is going to be in the game. :/

MB, he meant giving the nation/fleet a try, not and not the BB. :-)

Hi ho!

Caraias is a very solid Belle in my book. I like the way her looks and designs. I'll place my most thoughtful feedback about her on spoilers, because it will have explanations that would "spoil" your experience with her, in case you adore her "badass" side. I leave it as feedback of my appreciation towards her, alongside some suggestions that could bolsten her experience.

She was raised in the thick of war, even in her "womb" before birth, which molded her character into the composed, stern character that we see. A hidden reference in her art is the uniform hat's bill, which is half white and half black, meaning that, to her, there is no "gray" terms when she's dealing with war (unless it's acutally part of the spanish uniform by reasons that i do not know). The Salvo match shows that, while she is a war-driven character, she knows that social interaction is important (further justifying her remark that "first impressions are everything").

Her composed, harsh character comes from the aspects of navy warfare, where strategy and ruthlessness are key to victory. The hair unveiling part of her face symbolizes a hidden part of her - the emotional scar inflicted by her sister's death, which she bottled up inside her to avoid showing any sign of weakness.

While her story with the Captain will be mostly around war-themed topics, showing the kinder side of war, such as "fighting to protect rather than kill", (and the ocasional Salvo games, if the Captain decides to go that route) could unveil more about her character, or even calm her inner turmoil. A romantic climax could end in a once-in-a-gametime shot of her full face, meaning that she has opened her whole self, both strong and weak, to the Captain.

On a side note, i do enjoyed playing Salvo (which is called Battleship these days) during my childhood, and if i do end up getting Canarias, i'll enjoy having a gaming partner on deck.

Hi ho!

Caraias is a very solid Belle in my book. I like the way her looks and designs. I'll place my most thoughtful feedback about her on spoilers, because it will have explanations that would "spoil" your experience with her, in case you adore her "badass" side. I leave it as feedback of my appreciation towards her, alongside some suggestions that could bolsten her experience.

She was raised in the thick of war, even in her "womb" before birth, which molded her character into the composed, stern character that we see. A hidden reference in her art is the uniform hat's bill, which is half white and half black, meaning that, to her, there is no "gray" terms when she's dealing with war (unless it's acutally part of the spanish uniform by reasons that i do not know). The Salvo match shows that, while she is a war-driven character, she knows that social interaction is important (further justifying her remark that "first impressions are everything").

Her composed, harsh character comes from the aspects of navy warfare, where strategy and ruthlessness are key to victory. The hair unveiling part of her face symbolizes a hidden part of her - the emotional scar inflicted by her sister's death, which she bottled up inside her to avoid showing any sign of weakness.

While her story with the Captain will be mostly around war-themed topics, showing the kinder side of war, such as "fighting to protect rather than kill", (and the ocasional Salvo games, if the Captain decides to go that route) could unveil more about her character, or even calm her inner turmoil. A romantic climax could end in a once-in-a-gametime shot of her full face, meaning that she has opened her whole self, both strong and weak, to the Captain.

On a side note, i do enjoyed playing Salvo (which is called Battleship these days) during my childhood, and if i do end up getting Canarias, i'll enjoy having a gaming partner on deck.

That's.....deep. Wow. It's an interesting analysis, certainly, but....

Well I don't mean to be rude but it seems like a bit much to me. Maybe sometimes the curtains are just blue because the artist likes the color. I mean, I'm pretty sure that's just glare on a well-polished hat brim.

That's.....deep. Wow. It's an interesting analysis, certainly, but....

Well I don't mean to be rude but it seems like a bit much to me. Maybe sometimes the curtains are just blue because the artist likes the color. I mean, I'm pretty sure that's just glare on a well-polished hat brim.

Don't worry, you're not being rude. And while i could be exagerating on my analysis (remember, i did say that i didn't knew if the hat's design & color came from the original source), some artists and writters like leaving teasers or hidden signs of a person's character in their description. It's like a physical manifestation of one's quirks. (which oddly enough reminds me of My Hero Academia).

I think Gerrion may be on to more than he's not. We saw in the initial Kickstarter releases that there is a lot of thought which goes into the design of the Belles. It strikes me from what is publicly available that there is very little which does not have serious thought put into it - either based in history or personality.

Archived