Black Chicken Studios Forums

Chance of Discovery

Panpiper

Is there always a 1% chance of being caught at a location, or can you fully reduce it to 0% with friends and stacking bonuses?

(IE, a library has a 3% chance of you getting caught in it- if you're BFF with Carmine and thus have -3% (and no other modifiers) of getting caught, will you then never get caught at that library (unless the modifiers) or is there always a 1 in a 100 (or 1000) possibility?)

I believe you can get it to 0%, but there may always be a chance. I'm not 100% on that. :)

Kind of like the inverse of a "dumb luck" roll succeeding on a purple choice?

With the Make Distraction and a couple of fun items, you can easily get to 0% for just about any place you want to visit...

• 10 months later...

Kind of like the inverse of a "dumb luck" roll succeeding on a purple choice?

With the Make Distraction and a couple of fun items, you can easily get to 0% for just about any place you want to visit...

I can confirm that the calculation is more complicated than it appears. I've gotten caught trespassing while having strong reductions to Chance of Discovery. I'm not sure, but I think carrying too many items around makes you much more obvious when you're traveling around.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I put some equipment on my char that reduce CoD 4%, and with some passive ability that reduce it 3%, I check my char inventory and see CoD at -7%, than why I get "reprimanded for trespassing" using Study at the Library of Manetele? I think the library has CoD of 3%, whats wrong with this?

Then again I try using action or spells to reduce CoD, but still like no effect, is this a bug?

Please excuse my english :)

Archived