Black Chicken Studios Forums

Beginner's Help

captrory1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 Stress is equal to a +1 on whatever action/ability/spell/etc. you're making a roll for. A direct roll for, mind, not an indirect one like the Adventure action. Charm 2/Befriend 0 has a range of 0-4, add in 4 Stress bonus and it's a range of 4-8. Hence why it's useful for Befriend early on.

Sheary's Help, when active (and you have to spend a turn to activate it, look for it among your Abilities), allows you to re-roll every roll once and take the higher result. It makes the bonus that attributes provide on rolls more reliable, since you're less likely to roll low numbers twice in a row than you are rolling low just once.

The Gossip Action allows you to do that. It's a little messy, but select Gossip as an action, choose a target, and you'll see your target's relationship with every other student when you go to select a second target. Keep in mind, however, you only get that information if you're Informed of the first student.

also, question regarding rolls, cause guess that i taking them wrong. For example, in adventure "the new girl" there is a choice in part 3 of adventure as: Magical Appraisal.  Which wand seems least likely to blow up in your face?  (roll v. 11), am I right, that i should calculate it as (magic appraisal skill level)+x*Insight, where x is an variable between 0.000000smth and 2? And the sum of that should be bigger than 11 in that case?

Close: The sum of that (and all appropriate miscellaneous modifiers, like Familiar bonus and whatnot) needs to be bigger than or equal to the threshold to pass the roll. A roll of Intelligence 0/Grammar 5 v.5 will always succeed, barring shenanigans messing with stuff.

Legate told us that Mr. Pebbles will return in year 2 when you exchanged him for a other familiar and I doubt this will end good for the player char especial if the adventures of him are also not done.

But about the CoF I doubt it go away as you only change the familiar not any additional effects and the CoF is a additional effect (you also don't lose player ability you unlocked from the first familiar adventure)

Regarding Mr. Pebbles in Y2. I gave the legate a loose outline of where I intended the stories to go through PMs. I never wrote anything past that, because I don't know how Y2 stories are to be written. The Legate told me that the Team was going to use the details I provided in order to write the base stories for Y2, and that I'd have a little bit of flexibility when providing feedback in the Beta.

So, in short, I'm not all that worried about Mr. Pebbles' stories. At least for the official release.

Archived