Black Chicken Studios Forums

Does anybody collect naval / ship memorabilia?

Procyon

Hello! As with all things we are fans of, some of us tend to collect items related to such interest. Since we're all interested in ships here - whether for the hardcore historian or the Kancolle admiral, do you guys collect naval or ship memorabilia? If so, what do you collect?

For me, I actually am trying to collect Lion Club ship pins. If you guys don't know, the group Lion Club International created a set of pins relating to different ships from around the world (ex: http://thumbs2.picclick.com/d/l400/pict/252717287353_/2-Lions-Club-Pins-UTAH-BLUE-FLAG-PIN.jpg ). They're quite varied in design and aren't restricted to WW2, using designs from the Civil War and other eras. I started with a USS Honolulu pin and now have a few more pins in my collection.

I also have a giant plushie turret from Kancolle that I won from Anime Expo in Los Angeles last year - https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/411KtXHYK8L.jpg

P.S.

To those who are familiar with the Lion Club ship pins, do you know if there are any good sellers of such pins? I only know one at the moment...and I regularly purchase from him (http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_sop=15&_ssn=sbspins&_armrs=1&LH_BIN=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=ship&_sacat=0 ). I'm mostly looking for Littorio-class battleship pins (though any Regia Marina ship pin would be nice) at the moment since I'm on an Italian high. I don't have a super high budget for the pins, but I'm willing to fork a little bit if the quality is nice. To those who can help, I definitely appreciate it.

I've also got the plushie! It was an impulse buy at Kami-con this year XD

I'm not really one to collect figures, but I do like the Shiratsuyu class destroyers of the IJN so I did end up getting a couple for Shigure and Yudachi. I also like plastic model kits so at some point I hope to make a North Carolina model.

I've also got the plushie! It was an impulse buy at Kami-con this year XD

I'm not really one to collect figures, but I do like the Shiratsuyu class destroyers of the IJN so I did end up getting a couple for Shigure and Yudachi. I also like plastic model kits so at some point I hope to make a North Carolina model.

I would love to learn how to make plastic models as well...but that requires time...and some talent :P.

I have the command patches from every submarine I've ever sailed on, even if briefly. Had them put on my laptop bag, which displays the seal of the department of the navy. That's about it though, and I've no plan to add more.

I would love to learn how to make plastic models as well...but that requires time...and some talent :P.

I'm afraid I'm a bit spoiled by how easy Gunpla is compared to the usual military models, so I'll need a few more tanks turning out well before I attempt a ship!

Archived