Black Chicken Studios Forums

What use is 'Research' ability?

Monrdhil

Draigh;

Simply knowing about it is enough.

This might be broken in some cases. I'm 98% sure the unlock for Archeaology Research is "The Wyrm Yurarauth Archeaological Dig", but I didn't gain that topic until after I had visited it.

I visited it then rested twice and the topic appears with no new locations discovered.

Easy to believe if you keep in mind that I do not VISIT any locations, nor use any special training options like libraries to not contaminate my findings.

If I unlock several skills at the same time, things might get messed up with not clear what gets unlocked by which skill.

Maybe I should make a round of visits now to see which research topics get unlocked ;)

• 7 years later...

Are there any ways to boost research levels faster than a single skill step at a time?

There are lots of ways to increase study levels and something else and Zoe Mellis can boost you multiple study levels at a time but the only way to increase research levels is with the research action which does nothing else.