Black Chicken Studios Forums

DLC 16 Bugs

Metis

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately the best advise I have to give is that perhaps you can look at the list of recent changes made to the wiki - someone's made a start of updating the wiki with the new adventures, you should be able to at least get names from them.

I put those names on the spoiler thread. I'll probably cut down on the text when wiki'ng the adventures too - you don't need the whole sentence to identify the option necessarily and I don't want to give too much away.

The break point between Professional of Thieves Adventure 02 and 03 looks strange as it reads that 03 is at most half a hour after 02

Edit: Fallen Snow Adventure 03 the Exit 3 have no continue!

Edit2: Piaxenza Adventure 09 the Exit 2 appears to missing the prerequisite! (should probably Apprenticeship: The Pie Kitchen)

I'm not sure which one it is but one of the adventures has an exit with a blank description. didn't pick it so I don't know. I think the adventure itself gave me the item (the tattered reminder) and it was maybe 2-3 steps from the end that I got.

The marat sequences seem to be wonky.

In my game, after completing #1, the game said my cap was still 10 (but I could go to 11) and now that I'm at 13 after #3, it tells me that I can go higher (but I'm capped and it won't go up)

The indication of the cap on the skill list and the real cap seem to be off.

I am noticing more adventures duplicating themselves somehow. the newest one I've noticed is the chimney crows adventure.

from what I can tell the game isn't sure what step of the adventure you're on if you fail a step, and as a result it leaves the step you were most recently on and the step you started on.... or something.

Glamour main skill description.

"one must have at lease a middling feel for the art."

It would have a deep meaning with a comma: "One must have at lease, a middling feel for the art."

If you equip an item that increases an unknown skill, it will(/should) reveal the skill and give it's bonus when you either save/load to update the skill list or when you advance a day. Found that out with the Gates item you get at the end of an adventure

So, this isn't something I saw in my DLC15 games and I'm not playing on vista, but it seems one of my savegames in my DLC16 playthrough has become corrupted and now won't load. I'm not sure what caused this though.

Edit: I am also using Schwarzbart's class fix mod too so I'm not on 'pure' DLC16

Well, looks like my game broke completely. I was rotating two saves but it crashed while trying to start an event, one save just vanished from the list and the other errors on reload even after closing the app and reopening.

The Academagia process didn't close when it originally crashed by the way and its memory usage was huge when I looked in task manager it up so possibly some kind of memory leak or something led to it running out of memory and failing. If I had to guess I'd say that it was getting near to a memory limit and because I save daily this caused both saves to get overwritten incorrectly.

Anyway, I don't have any working saves for that character anymore so it's goodbye for them. I'll delete Schwarzbart's mod in case there's some conflict there. I'm not really in a mood to start a new game right now because I was a few months in so it's a lot of lost progress but next time I do I'll post again if I run into any similar problems while just running the official content.

Edit: I decided to run a few tests and I think there may be an issue with old content not being cleared out of memory on reload:

- Deleted Schwarzbart's mod

- Started Academagia and loaded one of my old dlc15 saves from the end of the year

- Repeatedly played 1 day and then reloaded the save

- Memory use (as shown in the task manager process list) began at about 766mb but increased steadily

- At around 1,177mb memory usage the attempt to load failed with the familiar message that we used to see on reload problems in dlc15 too (something like 'an error occurred, the application will be terminated')

- The application did not in fact terminate. I manually closed it. The process remained running in task manager despite the app being closed but with memory back down to around 700mb.

- I spent a while connecting my internet, and the process closed itself while I was doing this.

Huh that's really strange! I running my game with my Incantation School and Class Fix mod and have no problem so fare.

There 2 things you might want to check

1) that your OS partition is not full

2) if that is not the chase then maybe run a chkdsk (or similar tool) if it is not your HD or SSD that mess up.

hdghg;

Wow! That's really odd- in older versions especially old content does remain, but it should be cleared out for the most part upon reload.

You may want to shut your game down and reload after a few times, just to make sure? Clearing and rebuilding your cache may also help, as well as the steps Schwarzbart noted.

Archived