Black Chicken Studios Forums

Best clique members?

Sabin Stargem

Who are the best students to form a Clique with? I think Zoe and Milena are good picks, but not so sure about Joana. She seems to be a jerk, but her abilities based on the wiki seem pretty...beastly.

EDIT: Here is my list of students that I have copied from the wiki and consolidated into one place for my notes, then revised as I learned more in-game. The ones with what I believe to have the best potential are quoted and bolded. Quoted students are are believed to have high potential, and regular or subpar picks have no special amenities.

I think that Zoe is one of the top 5 clique members, because she allows you to Study and Expand your abilities at once at a nice pace, which is very good if you are aiming for high scores on the exams without sacrificing the time to build up your abilities. You can only do this once a week, but getting her early and making it into a weekly practice ought to get you close to the maximum study. (Her entry in Nyaa's post is out of date.)

Zoe Melis - Study: +2 to a chosen Study subject, and +2 to a chosen skill. Can be done once a week.

Ausdauer Mollers - Pass on Information: +1 to charactery study, and +33% odds of success when dealing with any single student, for a week at a time.

Milena Montors - Tutoring Services: Expand an known skill by 3 skill steps, can be performed once every 4 days. Can be found under "use ability".

Silke Niederstatter - High Spirits: -3 Stress, -3 Stress Minimum, +4 Stress Maximum, +1 Fitness

Joana Lio y Rosso - Forceful Practices: +5 Intimidation maximum, +4 Interrogation maximum, +4 Silent Movement maximum, +4 Tease maximum.

Ana Flavia Bessa - Theory over Practice: +1 Theory of Glamour, +2 Theory of Incantation, +1 Theory of Enchantment, +3 Theory of Negation, +2 Theory of Revision.

Emilia Picotti - Emilia's Gift: +3 Charm, +2 Befriend, +2 Listen, +1 Conversation, +1 Beguile

Vuillaum Eparvier - Methedology over Theory: +2 Revision Methods, +2 Incantation Methods, +2 Negation Methods, improved "Pray for Health" action.

Emilia Strolin - Parental Payoff: +20 to parental approval

Flore Yvueuillet - Castellan's Influence: +35 to parental approval

Rixenda la Serena - Scavenger's Tales: Every 6 days, informs of a location in the Acdemagia or the Academagia Grounds.

Beatrix von Wetgen - Helpful Guide: Every 2 weeks, she informs one random location in Elumia Proper. +2 Navigation, +2 Cartography every 7 days.

Sheary Warrington - Sheary's Help: Offers a reroll on a failed roll, but only once per day. (Does this apply to any kind of action, or just in an Event?)

Isabeau Gloriuex - The Big Haul: If you ask her nicely, she stands a 50-50 chance of finding and giving you 250 pims.

Honors Plafox - Perspective: +2 to Stress maximum, -1 to Stress minimum

Uliva Venaresso - Serpentine Tactics: +2 to Move Silently, +1 to Danger Sense

Olivia Solari - Romantic Pursuits: +2 Dating, +1 Flirting, +2 Flattering, +2 Romance

Oribel Soridat - Sight Unseen: +2 Coordination, +2 Perception, +2 Passion

Cordelia Troublepot - Gearhead: +1 Drafting, +1 Clockwork, +1 Negotiation

Rixenda la Serena - Scavenger's Tales and Beatrix von Wetgen - Helpful Guid is a "use ability" skill for revealing new area, so it is basically just explore plus temporary buff. I swear the wikia need to write down if something is active or passive.

There is a part of me that is fundamentally against this,.. this encuragement to exploit friendships! You shouldn't need a carrot to befriend anyone!

Assume that you are not the type that can maintain a lots of friend and you just...collecting opinions about who is the ace student and such.

Heh, I went after Beatrix and was planning to gun after Rixenda on the thought that they passively added to my maps. When I found out Helpful Guide was active, I restarted in order to get other people into the Clique. Too bad, but I can only afford clique space for the handy people. Otherwise, I would add some of the weaker students to my Clique, like Honors Plafox. :rolleyes:

Now that I have collected a number of students, I have decided to spend most of my time on Infiltration and the Espionage skillsets in order to access the spell "Common Ground" which would allow me to convert students from other cliques into my own. I will spend most of my time on improving my abilities and friendships within the Clique so that transferals into my group are relatively smooth. I wish that I had an better idea of what my clique members feel about each other, since there is no feedback or buildup to their confrontations and abandonment of the Clique. That leaves me with having to use Gossip in advance and such in order to pave the way to good relations.

My clique almost always winds up with Neta, Vincent, Isabeau, and Milena. Sometimes I add one more if there's a student that already has a +1 or better relationship with three of these.

You just can't beat those stat increases (Emilia's charm is an activated ability, and isn't very helpful IMO), and up until the last patch Isabeau's ability never failed, which made her a great way to rake in the early cash.

• 3 months later...
Vuillaume Eparvier

Her friends will notice increases in their Revision Methods (+2), Incantation Methods (+2), and Negation Methods (+2), as well as an increase to their Chance of Success in any Pray for Health action.

Hedi

Vuillaume Eparvier

Pass on Information: +1 Character Study, +33% chance of success dealing with any student.

Note: Very helpful to expand your clique.

Who did you meant to write for the Hedi there?

So far, I really like Vincent Eins, since he increases my random event chances. Emilia is a favorite too. I haven't ever tried Milena, but she seems awesome.

As for friends who bring in cash: if you're fine with working for your cash, I suggest Black Sheep attribute instead and stay away from people who raise your parental approval such as Flore, because Black Sheep increases a point at the expense of zero parental approval, so these friends are pretty much obsolete and only good for sacrificing. On the other hand, there are some students who increase your gambling skill so they can be useful instead if you want friends who can get you pims. Since I'm not a gambler (real life and most of the time in virtual worlds), I stick to working it out. There are many other ways to earn pims in the Academagia! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Curious about the multiple SS abilities - are they actually multiple raises or one big raise? From what I've seen in the game, if you get more SS in one action than you need, you still only get 1 skill raise (and the excess is lost). From a power build perspective those abilities are relatively minor use because you'll have sufficient base stats to reduce most costs to 1; even if you can't, it's tough to beat the sphinx's +4 raises (even if 3 are random) - plus Selective Focus effectively renders almost every skill cost 1 for a power build.

Also, Emilia's Charm is not an activated ability but passive, making Emilia the #1 power build choice friend. +3 base stat is basically an unbeatable advantage from one person, at least at the beginning, and still pretty good later.

In my opinion none of the study bonus actions from friends are particularly good, since you need to cap up study points ASAP for the extra stat boosts, rather than get it over time. That makes the Library the best option since it also naturally opens up the sphinx basically for free as long as your base stats are decent.

Hey everyone, we just got official confirmation on something I and a few others have suspected for a while. Specifically, during Adventures and Random Events if one of your Clique members has a higher skill the game uses their roll, automatically without having to sacrifice them. I think this information and its ramifications might have some impact on selecting Clique members. For example, a player might want to diversify your Clique members skills, especially in areas you aren't planning to train your character.

So basically, now we have to also consider student that cover our weaknesses, and this should have more emphasis than their passive ability because what they provide is probably what you are planning to train anyway. (Except Emilia, she's just too good for charm player)

The basic approach would be to befriend student of other non-rival collage with the rival-less Hedi being a good diplomacy help and someone with a strength based build since almost all of us didn't take strength. ( I do... :lol: )

So basically, now we have to also consider student that cover our weaknesses, and this should have more emphasis than their passive ability because what they provide is probably what you are planning to train anyway. (Except Emilia, she's just too good for charm player)

The basic approach would be to befriend student of other non-rival collage with the rival-less Hedi being a good diplomacy help and someone with a strength based build since almost all of us didn't take strength. ( I do... :lol: )

Well unless the character concept seriously need points elsewhere, I usually start characters with 2 in Strength even though I like to make nerdy wizards (nerdy doesn't necessarily equal complete weakling :P ). Also my latest character is something of a Jock/Preppie in Godina so he started with 3 in Strength.

Back on topic, I think this also makes knowing which classes your potential Clique members take a consideration as well. For example, if you aren't planning on having your character focus on History or Dialectic skills it could be worthwhile to befriend someone who does well in those classes. Of course player intervention, especially using Abilities like Set Example (which expands both a chosen skill of the targeted NPC's and the PC's Leadership by 1 SS) or beneficial spells and phemes cast upon Clique members, should also be considered if they have higher base values in the desired combination of attribute and skill.

Also, while I haven't made any sort of structured study into the details, it appears that most NPC students have both predetermined inclinations towards a specific skill set as well as a bit of randomness in what they learn outside of class. So even if an NPC character was ignored by the player in several different games, at the end of the year that particular should have mostly similar but not identical skills. So this may be a factor to keep in mind when planning a new game.

it appears that most NPC students have both predetermined inclinations towards a specific skill set as well as a bit of randomness in what they learn outside of class.

That is correct, EACH npc have it's own five set of behavior of interest, personal, studies, vendetta and goal.

Edit: fixed.

Edit 2: These are some extreme psychology stuff here...

Edit 3: Legate probably already explain it somewhere...should had read that...

That is correct, EACH npc have it's own three set of behavior of interest, personal and goal. My theory is that NPC follows their interest and personal randomly on a percentage but also make sure they fulfill the personal goal.

I.E. theory: NPC 1 have 90% interest in sport and 10% in negation, but he have 90% goal in negation and 10% in sport, so he will spend 90% of the year working on negation, but if it already maxed, then he will spend the rest of the year at a 90% of the time playing sport instead.

Edit: Ehh. legate probably already answer that somewhere...should had read that...

Interesting theory.... If true, figuring out the goals and inclinations for each student would also be a consideration for selecting Clique members, especially because Cliques can survive over multiple years. It seems that this little revelation has added a whole new facet for those of the min/maxing persuasion. ;)

Edit: Nyaa, you are really quick with those edits!

Edited my last post, just opened up the mod and it's much more complicated that that.

Edit: These stuff is intriguing, I am going GUESS the hell out of these before looking for the answer, is good for my brain. :)

Edit 2:

Goal: List of goal that NPC will try do/learn the related skill to fulfill.

I.E. Meeting every trees = Expand botany, explore, flowers, and attempt explore action.

Interest: List of skills the NPC will learn and practice on freetime.

Personal: List of skills that his/her personality/background would like to fulfill.

Studies: Chance of class skill NPC will study when he/she choose to study.

Vendetta: Obviously the action the NPC take when he/she have a vendetta with someone.

Edit 3: Not sure if percentage is chance or actual spread out of time percentage in a year.

Edit 4: THERE IS A PERSONALITY TAG. IT'S GETTING MORE COMPLEX.

Edit 5: Ah good, looks like Personality tag is the one we can easily refer to skill that they will most definitely raise or avoid. Also dictate how likely they want to do things like study or being evil and stuff, which mean we should use this tag to recommend for clique member based on skills they WILL learn.

Someone in other thread mentioned that he got 9 friend in a clique before...fricking NINE! That's like an whole army!

He needs to write a guide.

Hah, that's nothing- I've got 12 people in my clique, not including me- some of whom just turned up! Had I known this would happen, I'd have called my Clique The Apostles or something.

That said, all this talk about cliquemembers having their own interests is, well, interesting, and I hope to hear more.

Oh that, there are couple of skills that teach your friend selectable skill, but you will not be able to change their interest unless they are coded to something like 'max all skills before learning new stuff', so if you just want to help them pass the final then cast a buff spell on the few that you think will fail will be easier.

Although the most surefire way to get them to do what you want is controlling them with mastery. :ph34r:

Archived