Black Chicken Studios Forums

Impart understanding

muffildy

So, I was thinking there must be a way to make my clique the most powerful in the gameworld...

I havent yet done this, but idea:

Use mastery to control clique member

Have that member train calligraphy illustration until they get impart understanding

Then have that clique member train the clique in everything.

Another idea is to do that, except train in mastery and eventually end up with all clique members masters of mastery all controlling one another, and all training each other.

I once tried doing this with teach, except for some reason i couldnt select who and what was being trained, so maybe using a restricted to clique spell will make it work.

Sounds.... freakishly awesome! I can't believe I didn't think of that!

like a morally dubious road. That said I am not sure how it would be any better than if you did it... but hey! I may give this a try once I conjour up a mastery-fixated student.

mwahahaha it worked!

I am able to use hypnotize on clique members who can then impart understanding on everyone!

Takes a long time to get set up if the person you are hypnotizing doesnt have high intelect/research though, results definatly worth it though. 1 time slot of mine = 3-5 time slots of theirs, all devoted to teaching stuff!

mwahahaha it worked!

I am able to use hypnotize on clique members who can then impart understanding on everyone!

Takes a long time to get set up if the person you are hypnotizing doesnt have high intelect/research though, results definatly worth it though. 1 time slot of mine = 3-5 time slots of theirs, all devoted to teaching stuff!

you are a terrible person. npcs deserve personal agency too!

Yes, this round im playing as the next dark lady :)

Last game i played as a goodie two shoes again so i gotta balance it out.

Wish it was easier to get the phemes for mastery though; its way easy to get the skills/subskills, but that one pheme is a total pain.

Really fast to get college merit this way too; can get 3x3x9 = 81 as max possible from using compete on my minions. Usually end up with around 50 though. Its too bad the rewards for merit dont seem to get much more enticing once you get access to the champions room.

Known methods to control someone (if it's too confusing, let me know and I'll modify the list):

• Hypnotize (Action) - Mastery 8 - 12 actions (2 days) - 50% of success (for 3 minions, that's a 12.5% chance you get all 3, of course, if you have CoS increases, then that goes way up.)
  • Total Control (Action) - Mastery 11 - 12 actions (2 days) - Charm/Mastery+1 vs Insight/Awareness (action description says there are reprisals, but I've not suffered any?)
  • Master (Spell) - Mastery 10 - 18 actions (3 days) - Finesse/Mastery vs Insight/Negation - Needs to be informed of the character, but you have that if they're part of your clique
    • Required Phemes - Order (Mastery - Mastery Phemes 11), Control (Mastery - Theory of Mastery 9), Zenith (Mastery- Mastery Phemes 9)

[*]Puppet Master (spell) - Mastery 10, Mastery Phemes 10, Mastery Spells 10, Mastery Methods 16(!!!) - 18 actions - controls your clique! - Insight/Mastery Methods vs 16, which is automatic if you have that as a pre-requisite for a spell(!!!)

• Required Phemes - Fugue (Sabotage - Practical Jokes 8), Historical Record (unknown), Modus Operandi (Mentor adventure 4), New Reality (unknown)

If you're a master at Mastery, Master (Spell) seems the way to go. Especially if your clique includes the Charm girls. Of course, if anyone can figure out where to get the 2 unknown phemes for Puppet Master, you'd be able to go crazy.

Lastly, my understanding is that as long as you control the person during the planning phase, you get to plan that day, which means that you DO get 6 (or 9, for the 2 spells) out of every casting.

There is, Create Formal Invitation 2 days goodness.

What is really ruining my attempt to master mastery is Mastery Phemes, I really want to get "ORDER" pheme, but that requires getting Mastery Phemes (and getting it to 11), getting it to 11 requires research and that in turn requires that you have access to the Forbidden archives... meeeh!

As of now, the Forbidden Archives are gettable at Research 10 (or Library Knowledge 10). The wiki isn't updated because I couldn't figure out which gave it (as getting Library Knowledge 10 gave me Research 10), but you can get access to the Forbidden Archives, now, at least. Huzzah?

*puts on the newb hat*

right, so, yes, well, I got the mastery spells and phemes now.. and so *cough* how do I... use them? I mean not how you CAST them, obviously I know that, but...

How do I choose what they study, and what they focus on? I tried the library of Manetele - which needless to say was a failure as I couldn't choose what he studied *cough* stupid Philippe *cough*

(and og my gods they got a lot of actions don't they!)

I have them sketch for effect until they get impart understanding, then depending on their int/research i may need to to study at the library ability so they can cast it.

Or you can make them your compete minion and just schedule compete, could also defame instead but may lower your own merit as well.

I havent yet tried it, but could also maybe add phemes for various effects.

I wonder if its possible to get them expelled though? Must try sometime to skip class enough to get detention and then skip detention, then skip the weekend hall thing and see what happens.

hehe now that is just plain mean, especially if it is your friends. Anywho accidently managed to ruin my save (deleted the chashe, surpised that had an effect really, usually doesn't do anything), so not so much in a hurry anymore. Anywho it is good to know for future reference.

Just to recap, "Sketch for Effect" and "Study at the Library" are what I should look for next time?

• 2 months later...

For a easier target than Calligraphy - Illustration 10 (to get Impart Understanding) try War - Manner of A Champion 6 (lower level, lower training mod) to get Train Your Company - Trains your clique in "Choice of Skill" and expands your own Leadership.

Still looking for Puppet Master Phemes...

• 3 months later...

Known methods to control someone (if it's too confusing, let me know and I'll modify the list):

• Create Formal Invitation (Action) - Calligraphy 10 - 12 actions (2 days) - Finess/Calligraphy vs. 27
  • Hypnotize (Action) - Mastery 8 - 12 actions (2 days) - 50% of success (for 3 minions, that's a 12.5% chance you get all 3, of course, if you have CoS increases, then that goes way up.)
  • Total Control (Action) - Mastery 11 - 12 actions (2 days) - Charm/Mastery+1 vs Insight/Awareness (action description says there are reprisals, but I've not suffered any?)
  • Pressure (Action) - Blackmail 10 - 6 actions (1 day) - Charm/Blackmail vs. Charm/Blackmail+10
  • Voice of Favors (Spell) - Beguile - Flirting 11 - 6 actions (1 day) - Charm/Glamour vs. 20, opposite gender only
  • Master (Spell) - Mastery 10 - 18 actions (3 days) - Finesse/Mastery vs Insight/Negation - Needs to be informed of the character, but you have that if they're part of your clique
    • Required Phemes - Order (Mastery - Mastery Phemes 11), Control (Mastery - Theory of Mastery 9), Zenith (Mastery- Mastery Phemes 9)

[*]Puppet Master (spell) - Mastery 10, Mastery Phemes 10, Mastery Spells 10, Mastery Methods 16(!!!) - 18 actions - controls your clique! - Insight/Mastery Methods vs 16, which is automatic if you have that as a pre-requisite for a spell(!!!)

• Required Phemes - Fugue (Sabotage - Practical Jokes 8), Historical Record (unknown), Modus Operandi (Revision - Theory of Revision 4), New Reality (unknown)

• 1 month later...

HAHA! The only one I've ever actually encountered was "Create formal invitation" and even though my Char is in calligraphy class, his finesse is only average, so I think the highest I could get from that is a blue chance of success in the best case scenario. I've no interest in controlling others either, so I don't bother, but still, this is an excellent post!

• 9 months later...

I have moded my way to try puppet Master, it was a total fail. You are not capable to target your own clique, this might be due to the naming of your own clique so it might be possible if some one else befriends you first, since an in game name will be selected for your clique.

Archived