Black Chicken Studios Forums

Favourite ship?

Sinboto Simmons

It's unconditionally the noble Panzerschiffe Admiral Graf Spee. I am fond of many ships however, and at the top of the list are the Japanese destroyers Yukikaze, Hatsuzuki, and Yuudachi. Of course, I can't forget about USS Sterett, since I've grown quite attached to her after I started doing research for my story, which you can read in the writer's section of the Forum.

I'm a sucker for the classics, personally. I'm pretty fond of the U.S.S. Constitution and the U.S.S. Monitor. Era appropriate? Hmm, the Yamato was impressive to be sure, but I rather like the Iowa and her sister ships.

It's unconditionally the noble Panzerschiffe Admiral Graf Spee. I am fond of many ships however, and at the top of the list are the Japanese destroyers Yukikaze, Hatsuzuki, and Yuudachi. Of course, I can't forget about USS Sterett, since I've grown quite attached to her after I started doing research for my story, which you can read in the writer's section of the Forum.

Oh yes, I also must add HMS Manchester for the same reason you gave for Sterett. Also can read my story in the same part. Mine is better though :P

From ww2, I'd have to say the Samuel B Roberts was my favorite. Definitely a ship that hit above it's weight class.

The Tang and the Barb have great histories too, but as submarines I'd be showing my bias if I picked one of those. :)

I have a few:

-I do like the Littorio-class battleships (I'm going through a Regia Marina phase of my life) since they were aesthetically beautiful - inside and out.

-I like the forward-gun-only ships like the Nelsons, Dunkerques, and Richelieus. They were just very unique looking in comparison to their contemporaries around the world.

-I also love any ship named after Hawaii, namely the light cruiser Honolulu and the unfinished battlecruiser Hawaii. I'm a big sucker for the island since I love the locale and I have lots of family there.

Some people might find it weird, but to be honest I really like the IJN Zuiho. She was a light carrier, and in my opinion really cute as far as ships go. She wasn't involved in the attack on pearl, and the Zuiho was sacrificed to protect other ships in her final battle. I feel like the Zuiho was a really amazing ship, and I really hope it appears in this game.

Archived