Black Chicken Studios Forums

Beta Candidate #2: No Go

Legate of Mineta

Captains;

As usual, they'll make the formal announcement in the Update, but I've been given the go-ahead to let you know the results immediately.

The final tally was 5 to 2.

Of the priorities from last Release, Meta-Game Data and Campaign/Alliance Missions Review were completed, along with bug fixes, infrastructure improvements and a significant tool upgrade.

Outstanding are:

1) Campaign/Alliance Missions QA

2) Production Overhaul

These two will be targeted for the coming Release in mid May, along with any bug fixes necessary, at which point the Team will hold another vote.

We'll keep you posted!

I probably won't get even close to finishing mine, but I'll probably have a few more chapters pumped out. Right now actually wrapping up the next one.

At the rate it's progressing it seems like it would be 5 more months with one more team voting yes each month.

On another note, what do the teams that have finished their work do? Are they working on future content? Or just on standby? From what i asked earlier I'm assuming that they would just be on unpaid standby?

Misekato;

They are working on '40 and additional content, there isn't a standby.

Oh OK, I find that a bit suprising since the 100K raised would translate to roughly an extra 8.5k per month (based on the 12 months since initial fundraising) on top of whatever other funds are being used so I would have thought getting the initial revenue before proceeding would have been the priority since I don't really think that 8.5k per month is a large amount to work with. And that is excluding all the physical items that would need to be created and shipped out. But it looks like the project is progressing at a good pace.

Misekato;

A project of this size can't be completed with what was raised in the Kickstarter- that was for UI, additional artwork and voice. If we only had the KS proceedings, well...it would need to be a much smaller, and much different game. :)

Just don't take too long with it :). I mean...we don't want this to be another Mighty No. 9 :blink: .

Just don't take too long with it :). I mean...we don't want this to be another Mighty No. 9 :blink: .

God that is something I hope that never happens to VB

The whole Mighty No.9 drama was partially due to really bad PR (including hiring someone unfit to be a community supervisor).

Thankfully BCS has blessed us with the opposite.

Oh yeah! That's true.

BCS does have somebody constantly communicating with us, so that helps.

Archived