Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

@Legate of Mineta: I have encountered some very disturbing parallels between Rixenda la Serena and an obscure historical figure named Rixende, which I may write about in greater detail. Suffice it to say, though, that I hope that her mentioning during a random event the importance of using art as part of a class struggle is more than just an anachronistic joke.

@Legate of Mineta: I have an idea for a special scene accompanying the PC's first kissing Zoe Melis if the PC is a student at the Schohanwicht, focussing upon the PC's inner torment. May I write such a scene? I am fully aware that it would probably need to be edited in order to fit with future years' treatment of Zoe; but could I write it?

7 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

I think for the secret background in combination with a other background that the player let stand out, like noble or royal, the parents might give the player the hint to stand out less if (s)he performed to flashy in Y1.

I have something happening like that in my Y2 adventure about Zoe Melis and Eliana Carosi (which I want to complete once I am finished with my medical issues - I do not want to write about a hospital before I go to a hospital).

@Legate of Mineta: Well, I feel foolish in my misreading Pelia as a clock-making coffee brewer during Y1. But would it be improper for me to write her as a coffee/drink seller during Y2? I figure that making drinks for sale would be a comparatively non-controversial and profitable use for her brewing skills - and I could portray her as bitter about her part-time job - as too many people are in various situations.

@Legate of Mineta: Although I now realize that Pelia should not be portrayed as selling coffee, but would it still be acceptable for me to write content in which Pelia uses her alchemical skills in order to make money and mentions legal expenses (related to how old she really is?)? Many other characters (including the PC, possibly) are trying to raise money - and Zoe Melis reveals that such money-raising efforts need not be trivial.

Would Orso Orsi really let the player guard Ilaro when the later first helped Ilaro before switching to the Legate main adventure during the duel between this 2?

For Random Event - Soup I think a Investigation with Field Medicine to check on her with 2 or 3 new exits to get her cured would be good. For the exit:

1) could be brew to make her a soup that cure her 

2) bring her to the nurse (or the nurse over to her)

3) Revision could work also if high enough

In general I would change the wording of this RE a bit that it can be used for a random friend of the player with the same gender.

4 hours ago, Schwarzbart said:

for the clockmaker's daughter I think it could be a interesting follow up to player with wealthy parents that the player suggest them to support Pelia with some money now with the argument that she appears to be a genius in Revision magic and Alchemy for her age.

Or for a PC with the Secret Heritage to mention to eir parents that Pelia claims to be able to create life and is a skilled but secretive mage.