Black Chicken Studios Forums

Fanfiction And Fanfiction Ideas

Pataponvideo

It can be built with the resources they're sparing not making sea lanes to the outlying islands! But yeah, I don't think any place with land access to a self-sufficient continent would have nearly as much trouble as arpeggio or this game seems to make out. Especially Arpeggio.

I will emphatically disagree. This would be before the interstate freeway system, better trucks, and pipelines. The US relied heavily on maritime commerce to transport goods and materials between its own cities at the time. The U-boats played holy hell with the US economy in early 1942 because of this. It sounds like the Morganna will be even more effective at strangling the US than were the U-boats. Not good...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will emphatically disagree. This would be before the interstate freeway system, better trucks, and pipelines. The US relied heavily on maritime commerce to transport goods and materials between its own cities at the time. The U-boats played holy hell with the US economy in early 1942 because of this. It sounds like the Morganna will be even more effective at strangling the US than were the U-boats. Not good...

Oh, in this it would make significantly more sense. In arpeggio the bullcrap could have fertilized half of California's ex-farmland.

I could see the force also act as a independent maritime investigation force, checking out attacks and confirming if they are Morgana related or war related. I can imagine nations taking advantage the the Morgana crisis to attack enemy ships in neutral water. Blaming it on the Morgana.

So DrYuriMom's own story has given me an idea to write my own kind of spin. Whereas hers is a civilian woman captain, mine is going to be taken from my family's own history with some embellishments thrown in. The captain in my story is based off of my great grandfather who was a sniper in the trenches of the First World War serving with the Duke of Wellington's Regiment. Not much is known about him other than one laminated newspaper clipping where he earned a medal for military gallantry, so other than being a Yorkshireman and a sniper, I'm going to add in my own spin on him. I figured it'd be interesting to have someone who though is military, isn't Navy be a captain of a Belle.

As for Belle....well let's just say he's going to have to put up with the Queen of the Nile.

I could see the force also act as a independent maritime investigation force, checking out attacks and confirming if they are Morgana related or war related. I can imagine nations taking advantage the the Morgana crisis to attack enemy ships in neutral water. Blaming it on the Morgana.

The Belles would know...

Ok, so I'm stuck on which ship to use. Cleopatra is 1942, far enough away that I won't ruin canon but she's too far away. I have half a mind to replace her with Rodnol as I have her all planned out roughly

Ok, so I'm stuck on which ship to use. Cleopatra is 1942, far enough away that I won't ruin canon but she's too far away. I have half a mind to replace her with Rodnol as I have her all planned out roughly

But there's a good chance Rodney is in the game already.

Which is why I am unsure about using Rodnol or Nelsol or Warspite. But Pensacola was made in the 20s and there's a good chance she is in the game too

I wouldn't bet on it. They've said there will be 120 Belles to start, plus the three specials. They've also said about 20% of the Belles will come from US, 20% from GBR, and 20% from Japan. That's about 24 Belles per nation for those three. Not a lot, really. Many US ships will not have Belles. I've chosen to gamble that Penny won't have one. if she does...well...I'll figure something out.

I think I might have solved my conundrum. I doubt that she'll be in the game even though she's made prior to 1939, but I think I can do HMS Manchester, one of Belfast's sister ships.

I've discovered that the site censors the word "brea$t$" (replace the dollar signs with the letter "s"). It doesn't censor "ass" or "Hell". Not only does this make no sense, but it makes it pretty hard to write a story that refers to simple anatomy in normal usage. I'm not even talking romance stuff. Look at Ch2 of Improbable Captain where I had to use "twin peaks" as a euphemism. I shouldn't have to. :-/

I wouldn't bet on it. They've said there will be 120 Belles to start, plus the three specials. They've also said about 20% of the Belles will come from US, 20% from GBR, and 20% from Japan. That's about 24 Belles per nation for those three. Not a lot, really. Many US ships will not have Belles. I've chosen to gamble that Penny won't have one. if she does...well...I'll figure something out.

Hmmm... interesting.

So, that means that Germany, France, Italy and Russia will have 12 ships each.

There has been no statement about how the remaining 40% will be distributed. Also, don't forget the minors. Spain, Turkey, Holland, and Poland get some of those slots too.

I've discovered that the site censors the word "brea$t$" (replace the dollar signs with the letter "s"). It doesn't censor "ass" or "Hell". Not only does this make no sense, but it makes it pretty hard to write a story that refers to simple anatomy in normal usage. I'm not even talking romance stuff. Look at Ch2 of Improbable Captain where I had to use "twin peaks" as a euphemism. I shouldn't have to. :-/

I suspect that that's actually from the forum's base code, not the Team. They themselves used the word in Academagia at one point (a lore about a woman trying to commit suicide with a blade of some sort by stabbing herself, as I recall...) and I've seen the S-word posted uncensored twice. At least until it was edited by a mod, but than the forum is intended to be family friendly...at least nominally. As one can tell from the Cards against Humanity topic, it's not a strict 0 tolerance policy thing.

Legate'll have to confirm, though.

There has been no statement about how the remaining 40% will be distributed. Also, don't forget the minors. Spain, Turkey, Holland, and Poland get some of those slots too.

Oh... that's right.

Too bad. I felt that these nations deserved to have at least ten girls each.

Not without going to minesweepers and coastal patrol boats...or relics that couldn't really even put to sea anymore in 1939.

No kidding. Well, euphemisms away! :rolleyes:

I've got a request to FFN to add VB to their games category. They're being uncharacteristically sluggish in responding. Not sure it that has to do with it being in development or not. Maybe it's the holiday weekend. In any case, I'll keep pushing and we'll see.

Here's a question I want to pose to all the captains. I may have blazed the FF trail, but I know others are toying with accepting my challenge. This brings up an obstacle we'll all face. The Morgana. Other than what we learn from the Kickstarter summary, from Mahan, and from Corruption's delicious interlude - we got nothin'. For the next nine months I suggest we need a "working canon". Anyone want to help me develop this?

So far we have the green mist/fog. It feels thick, leaving residue on clothes and such. Radio cannot penetrate it. Within the mist, the Morgana seem to know all movement to some extent. It appears Corruption was traveling without a mist, though, so it seems something the Morgana can but don't have to call up.

The Morgana themselves seem mechanical in nature. Corruption spoke of gathering parts to repair/improve herself? We also have heard that they capture humans whose screams can be heard by fleeing ships.

So many questions. How high does the mist go? How does it affect conventional and/or Belle-enhanced aircraft? Does it go underwater (i.e. subs)? Does the residue do anything? We know Morgana ships use weapons reasonably familiar to us captains, but do they have special traits? Do they fight their ships like we captains fight ours? Do Morgana fight to the death, or will they withdraw when tactics call for it? What do they do with captured humans? Why to they do that?

Thoughts, knowing that this can and likely will all be blown to Hell when BCS announces canon?

I wonder if I should edit my OP and add an index since I saw Yuri fanfiction thread.

LoM has indicated we'll get an entire subforum for FF eventually. If you want to do that until we do, I'm game.

Archived