Black Chicken Studios Forums

The Collage circle-ies for custom portraits

Mikka

I just spend around two hours of my life trying to recreate one, and now I just give up. I'm meant to write, not do art. ._.

Does anyone have a copy of the mostly clear (at least as clear as you can get it) collage backgrounds just waiting for a person to be plopped in front of them? I'm specifically after Godina and Avila, but I'm sure they would be useful for anyone and everyone. I thought they might be in the resources folder, but I haven't spotted them (though they could be there). For Godina in paticular, I'm having a ridiculously bad time trying to match the exact blue for that silly colored circle- unfortunately, my characters neck comes it at the wrong place that it seems every other portrait covers ARGH. So. Um. Yes.

If anyone has the templates, they would be much appreciated. >.<

Thanks to you and her for looking it up. :) No rush, but having copies would be hugely appreciated.

(As it is, I managed to fix the Godina one so it looks okayish (though the 'real' circle would be lovely), but my Avila portrait looks horrific. Ah, well.)

I've got some time so I'm looking into this.

1. Why aren't the graphics being reused? There are 831 1.84kb pngs of the green misc inventory bag item. They are exactly the same except for the file name. The rest of the images also have multiple copies. I'm guessing there is 1 image per item. That's a whole lot of redundancy.

2. I don't recall seeing them in game, but the black and white crests are nice.

2. I don't recall seeing them in game, but the black and white crests are nice.

I just figured out where they are: they're on the right and left sidebars. If you take a new character and hit, say, the Magic button for the left or the Clique button for the right, you'll be able to see them most clearly: they're hiding layered behind the sidebars. The one on the left is more visible then the one on the right.

That was... something.

The layers were used with strange transparencies. If you look at the bottom of the images you can actually see the frame through the portraits. Strange. Same sorta thing that they did back when they made the battle scenes from the cockpit perspective in the original Star Wars.

Anyway, here is version based on the original files. I didn't do any fixes by adding new material, just combining from the source images. The astrology background was troublesome.Avila Portratit Base Partial

It definitely is a bit odd.

Thank you for the Avila base! It's similar to what I produced, but you managed to keep the clearness of the astrology background much better than I did- my version blurred it all up. I really appreciate your work there. :D

Archived