Black Chicken Studios Forums

Introducing Scheherazade!

Legate of Mineta

1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum

*Release Date of 9/14/12*

A brand new PC romance sim/strategy/rpg visual novel from Black Chicken Studios. It's our first game made using the Ren'Py engine, and we are announcing here, on our forums, first.

We hope you enjoy it!

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Henry and Morgana Keating were archaeologists and adventurers who never came home. Now their daughter intends to follow in their footsteps...

It's 1930, and as the world slides ever deeper into the Great Depression, Scheherazade 'Sadie' Keating sets out on her first year of college - a year of travel, romance, danger and discovery. Together with friends and family, she'll chase her parents' last mystery across five continents, and choose a future for herself along the way.

1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum is the latest story-driven RPG from Black Chicken Studios, Inc., spinning tales of pulp adventure, exotic locations, occult horror, and sweet romance that'll require well-honed skills and a whole lot of inspiration.

www.ScheherazadeGame.com

...and the trailer:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks great! You can definitely see a certain 'style' of things that reminds me of Academagia, such as how the skills appear to operate with the player's choices. It seems like you guys managed to do quite a bit with the ren'py engine! I'm looking forward to it coming out :)

Honestly, the music, it is WONDERFUL!

'just helping helping an ancient mummy' - I should hope so! I realize that there may not have been as many laws back in the day, but I am pretty sure necrophilia was frowned upon even then... :P

Looks great though

My internet died on the day this is revealed. Fate is such a tease. :(

I'm surprise by the new art style, but it's refreshing to experience new design. It certainly have similar layout UI style of academagia with improvements.

Mini game looks great and fun while the presentation looks elegantly well design and high budget.

Thanks for the support everyone!

'just helping helping an ancient mummy' - I should hope so! I realize that there may not have been as many laws back in the day, but I am pretty sure necrophilia was frowned upon even then... :P

:unsure:

Working with Ren'Py was pretty fun and we are proud of our Ren'Py stats - last we checked:

Statistics:

The game contains 44,369 screens of dialogue.

These screens contain a total of 638,954 words,

for an average of 14.4 words per screen.

The game contains 1,389 menus.

It's pretty ambitious in terms of content size for a Ren'Py game :)

Archived