Black Chicken Studios Forums

Negation Wand Year 2

Schwarzbart

For now its just a collection of Ideas how I could writ e a continue of the year 1 adventure.

For the Dragonbone wand there is a nightingale that come with the offer of a interesting wand receipt together with some coins in exchange for this wand.

For the normal Negation Wand Professor Leith tell that he have a buyer for this wand and the player could get either a orthography based receipt or a artifice based receipt for a wand together with some coins.

(I disliked the idea from the Legate to add a other layer of Enchanting to the already crafted wand)

• 6 months later...

Just got a idea how I can improve on the Negation wand without put a other Enchanting layer on it.

Revision magic!

There is a foot note on the receipt the player just find out about in year 2 where a variant of this wand is mentioned.

Looking for the variant the player find a receipt in old Elumina where instead of the resin and Schwarzbart Weed a complicated alchemic mixture is used.

The Negation Wand you made turns out to be a cheap knock of from this receipt.

For year 3 when the player actual can learn Alchemy the player can hunt for the materials and make the a new wand but for year 2 there is only the temporary solution in using a Revision spell to improve the wand made in year 1 for 30 days.

For the Effect of the Spell I have to see what kind of wand and spells we have in year 2 but maybe its:

+1 to all Magic parent skills except Negation and +10% COS for casting Spells except Negation

I don't really like the idea of spending three adventures in Y1 crafting a Negation wand only to find out that it's actually a cheap knockoff, personally. Maybe let the player disassemble the knockoff wand and re-assemble it with the better materials? Is that even possible, lore-wise?

What about learning how to use advanced orthography to inscribe runes onto it - with the proper implement, ink, etc - all done very carefully to avoid ruining the enchantment?

Or if you don't want to dig into the service when inscribing, you could emboss with a particular alloy/resin layers, or embed something (a specially prepared gem?) into the base, etc.

Or convince a selection of spirits to infuse the wand with some of their power in exchange for various services, goods, etc, possibly after leaving it to steep in the right potion/herbal mix during the right phase of the moon at the ruins/etc?

A other idea is to add a forged tip to the wand and place a small Magical Material inside. This also would give more place for future orthography but if I go this way then there would be even more different variations of the wand as I then want to offer different Magical Materials you could try to find and then place inside.

I still think going with the inferior recipe and allowing the player to disassemble the wand so most of the Y1 work won't be wasted when remaking the wand would be the simplest idea.

That said, I do like the idea of making a pact with a spirit to power it up. That could lead to a whole barrel of Fun.

You could use magical beings like the ometti, pixie's, nymphs, etc instead of spirits - or make a choice which would impact the enhancement added to the wand.

Given the amount of work involved in making the wand I'd rather see it enhanced than sold for scrap :(

Or you could do a Disaster and change the core / remove the existing to do a ritual on it before replacing it.

Now then I have some bad news for you all because starting with year 2 you can craft the Negation wand using the normal crafting system if you have the receipt (still would need 3 separate steps beside the shoping).

You will get the receipt trough the import tool if you managed to get it in the adventure but the Negation Wandcrafter Ability is exclusive for year 1.

Also the difficulty should be quite high even for year 2 as you don't get help then.

The problem with year 1 Artifice is the shop system.

Even common Material have to be found first in a shop and because the shops don't restock and most of the time only have 1 piece of a item available you have trouble in making more then 1 of a item even after spending a lot of timeslots in go shoping first.

Because also the handing out of a receipt is broken you also have to first own the item before you can craft it.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

@Legate of MinetaIdea for the Botany Extra Credit Part: (not sure if I already made some ideas regarding this)

I think it could be ok to extend the "land" rent for year 2 also but beside the rent there should be a difficult double roll Agriculture and Roots to see how long the plant survive.

If both roll are passed then the plant survive the full year if one fails and the other passed then the weed only survive till winter-break.

Although if there is a new plant growing system that allow to grow specific plants then it would be ok to just give out something that could use as seed after the summer break as last reward from the rented land.

But if the player grow the plant on his own the difficulty should extrem difficult for year 2 as the field was just a lucky case where the living conditions where right for the Schwarzbart Weed also depend on the success the plant need 3-6 month before the player can start farming it.