Black Chicken Studios Forums

Morganas General!

Fifrein

bb4d042a37e5f4e3af15c228f0d26279_origina

In the recent interview of Hood, we found out that our foes are much more than we expected--not just sentient, but capable of speech and of strategic and tactical decision making. It seems they will be a very challenging foe, and just throwing raw gunpower at them may not be enough to do the trick. So for the purposes of discussion on who they may be, what they may be capable of, why we like them, or how we fight them, here's the Morgana thread!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely a lot more interesting than the Abyssals...who are more dumb mooks in the Kancolle-verse. I wonder if the Morganas go more for the quality-over-quantity approach to combat due to their intelligence.

Personally, I'm a lot more interested in the ties between the Morganas and the Belles. I mean...the devs did hint that destroyed Belles have to be retrieved in a certain way, but they're not completely the same after they're retrieved. Now that's...fascinating.

I recommend studying the name first. Avarice, she collects and refuses to share. It seemed pretty obvious that she was collecting members of the crew but her plan was to capture us, the captain.

I recommend studying the name first. Avarice, she collects and refuses to share. It seemed pretty obvious that she was collecting members of the crew but her plan was to capture us, the captain.

She also has horrible fashion sense

As we can tell the Morgana's are inspired by different nations. Corruption reminds me of 1920's America. Flapper girls and non-stop partying (until the depression in the 30's). Avarice is Eastern Asian perhaps China? Also going off the lantern.

Hi ho! I've been suggested to find this thread, and I've done some light research because Avarice did intrigue me. I did find some interesting things, but i decided to place a spoiler because of a deep fear in my gut. Don't ask me why, please.

Avarice's clothing does match with Chinese culture. Though her tatoos are actually skin borders, weakened by the underwater environment. I reached thus conclusion because the dress relates to an earlier time in Chinese history, the Era of Relief. Relief because the man's perceptive over women began to change, which not only raised some bans over women clothing, but also on education and other fields as well. Their allure was also changed, going from the elegant and beautiful to the provocative and revealing. Which helped modelling the "quipao", the chinese women's "neck to leg dress" that Avarice has.

Adding broken/damaged skin and clothes, alongside their speech (at least from Corruption's lines), it can be said that they are broken, both physically and mentally. In Corruption's example, her mind was degraded (we understand some thoughts from her, but everything's not neatly connected), while Avarice was able to maintain her intelect, though now it's filled with distrust and cynicism. Their disreguard for body covering means that they've long past the notion of self-care, so don't mistake it with fan service, or you'll be confused later on.

So now we have two pretty clear examples of Morganas and both appear to have... mechanical parts? And with that hint dropped about recovering Belles that you lose, but with consequences... makes me wonder if Belles and Morganas are closer than we might think.

Hi ho! I've been suggested to find this thread, and I've done some light research because Avarice did intrigue me. I did find some interesting things, but i decided to place a spoiler because of a deep fear in my gut. Don't ask me why, please.

Avarice's clothing does match with Chinese culture. Though her tatoos are actually skin borders, weakened by the underwater environment. I reached thus conclusion because the dress relates to an earlier time in Chinese history, the Era of Relief. Relief because the man's perceptive over women began to change, which not only raised some bans over women clothing, but also on education and other fields as well. Their allure was also changed, going from the elegant and beautiful to the provocative and revealing. Which helped modelling the "quipao", the chinese women's "neck to leg dress" that Avarice has.

Adding broken/damaged skin and clothes, alongside their speech (at least from Corruption's lines), it can be said that they are broken, both physically and mentally. In Corruption's example, her mind was degraded (we understand some thoughts from her, but everything's not neatly connected), while Avarice was able to maintain her intelect, though now it's filled with distrust and cynicism. Their disreguard for body covering means that they've long past the notion of self-care, so don't mistake it with fan service, or you'll be confused later on.

That's quite the interesting analysis, Gerrion. I'm quite intrigued.

I'm wondering if Victory Belles is going down a Madoka Magica path, in which Morgans are corrupt Belles of sunken ships. It'd be very interesting if certain Morganas were Belles of ships that were sunk in previous wars, and have lost their memory or identity in some way ... or now simply identify as Avarice, Corruption, etc etc.

It's very fascinating to know that some Morganas have intelligence, can board other ships and can clearly speak with the Captain! (At least I'm hoping that wasnt just for the interview)

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system.

Anyway, I doubt that any future Morgana vote would be honored like this for some time. I think the reason why the team did so this time was because of a combination of factors, from Avarice being a Morgana that was likely more interview friendly, the fact that she technically lost the vote meant that the team was not obligated to show a full history or weapons profile, and that it was extremely likely that her stealing hood's thunder would be something very in character for her, so the team couldn't resist. Also this was a bit more than an interlude, and this was the first time doing it. The BCS is quite notoriously secretive, so I am equally pleased/surprised, and not expecting more anytime soon.

Anyway, I am surprised nobody considered influence from older sources of mythology. I felt that there was a definite Siren influence, both in power and personality, although it's hard to say if that's wholly unique to her.

Archived