Black Chicken Studios Forums

~ Suggestions & Improvement ~

Hawkey

I'm up for an action SportsSim called EA Sports - Rimbal :)

Anyways, here are a couple of suggestions (and a question)

Match wits against the Imperial Sphinx - last expand includes research as well, is this WAD? (this has probably been asked 15 times.)

Select Research - it'd be nice to display the current level beside the items

Decision making in Adventures/Events - allow up and down arrows, and enter key?

Jeff Wang: Match wits against the Imperial Sphinx That it gives Research is not intended and will be fixed in some patch in the future (But looks like it have a low priority to get fixed)

btw. Legate can we join the Engineer's Society in year 2? Would be nice if we can :).

(Hmm but in a second thougt I am not so sure if Theodor actual whant to join them also because He is already member of a merchant guild and of two secret organisations. One thanks to his Family Background and the two from Prof introduce him into this.)

Jeff and Schwarzbart;

It's definitely not intended, but although we've investigated it...we can't see the reason *why* it gives Research. We're still working on it. ;)

Great suggestion about Research and Adventures- the latter we might be able to get to in a patch or so.

There are actually going to be a few organizations you can join in Year 2, but I think the Engineer's Society wouldn't be until Year 3. We'll see. ;)

It might be hidden somewhere in the Cooking skill (which sadly I've never gone down- next character!), but do we ever get the location of 'the Three Pheasants', the restaurant owned by Mr. Yorgen that a few of the restaurant event take place at? It notes that the place is friendly to students and the owner is rather friendly: it seems like it would be a nice place to visit. Ideas of actions there would be perhaps a 'Work as a waiter/assistant cook' option for some pims/cooking skills/stress/and maybe a random language, and then perhaps 'take a friend out for tea and desserts' where you would lose some pims but gain relation and a gossip subskill. Or whatever your much more creative minds come up with. It just seems a shame that a place that shows up so often isn't a place you can go to.

(Besides, your character can get free desserts from there in the Restaurant 8 adventure- definitely a place where they'd want to go back for some stress relief, similar to the free drinks and cookies place.)

If in during the Avila versus Durand 1 event, the character is being sent to be a backup for Cyrus in case he gets beat up, they should probably send a character with, well, some skill at bully or brute strength or really, someone with more then strength 1. A prereq on that event might be nice. >.>

How about giving the last place of the Merrit Race as consolation prize some points of merit (maybe 5-10% of the total score of the first place) when the first place get his reward.

This way the merit race would get more interesting.

A other more drastical way would reset the Merit Score of the first placed every time he got a reward.

Suggestion: Research Skill Informs

Research, while cool for the lore unlocks and the skill level 10 bonus, could be made more relevant by offering informs on skills for the same parent.

It might be a lot of manual labor to add them all though!

I'd start at skill level 3 and add an inform every odd skill level (3,5,7,9). If the parent skill has more than 4 other skills, it could be varied among the research skills which informs you receive.

For roleplay reasons, it would make sense. If you are in the library digging up a book on Incantation Phemes, you may very well come across atleast the topic of Incancation methods, spells, and theory.

Make items less useless in future years. Money, too. Right now the only items worth anything are items that give attribute boosts, or that inform you of skills or give you some skill steps. But even if you have one of those items, it usually isn't worth finding out what they do, because most items are trash. Money is useless because there are maybe 2000 pims worth of stuff that is actually worth paying for in the game. And because money is useless, Orthography is also useless, since all you seem to be able to do with it is make an item worth more money.

The Candies of the Gnawing Void are the best item, though.

Naww, I actually quite like that a game features "useless" items, I just wish it would be easier to buy stuff. Like take an evening out and browse a few shops rather than just one.

Money might not be the biggest issue, but I usually find ways to spend it I think, either on tuituions for the various schools or items that give me skills, stats or are plain silly. (Like antennae of ants that you can wear as a hat ;))

But I heartily support the "easier to produce". I've not yet tried to make anything yet (though that is likely my own fault) but I haven't tried after some of my first playthroughs.

Also, on a seperate note, might there be an action that allows you to train yourself and your pet in something? I quite like to teach my pet, but usually it always plays second fiddle as I usually always have something my character really ought to be doing.

Like: SS in your choice, random SS, SS in your choice for your pet.

Perhaps paying for the skill by adding a point of stress or such. I don't own a dog and never have (more of a cat person) but form what I understand training a dog is a bit of a struggle. Done with love I know, but a struggle none the less.

I think it would be good if you set the mark of the Option Turn of Music bevore fading the music instead of afterwards.

Edit: Can you please put the Merit Board in a different catagory then the info about the other Students?

The Merit Board is very important for the Merit fight but having it still displayd after all the Student infos make the new Filter options nearly useless for me.

How about giving the last place of the Merrit Race as consolation prize some points of merit (maybe 5-10% of the total score of the first place) when the first place get his reward.

This way the merit race would get more interesting.

A other more drastical way would reset the Merit Score of the first placed every time he got a reward.

Or maybe secondary prizes? The first college to reach 300 merits gets X, all other colleges then get Y?

First off, I would like to say that I love this game and I can't wait for year two to be released. Anyways, I had a suggestion that would help make this game much more accessible to users as well as make gameplay faster and more intuitive.

23t05ck.png

The Auto-"Magic" Search Bar

With so many spells, abilities, phemes, etc., it can be very difficult to keep track what you want to do and make it more difficult to find the skill you want to train in order to complete a certain stage of an adventure. With the search bar, you could start typing in a skill (for example) and the bar will show abilities, spells, etc as well as a help guide entry of the skill which a player can click to read lore about the skill as well as see its dependencies, parent skills, and attributes that influence the skill. This search bar can be used any time to find information, but it can be expanded further for use while choosing what you're going to do each day. When you click to decide an action for a day, you can also use the search bar (or another search bar as the interface designers decide) to quickly find the actions you want to do for that day.

Thanks for your consideration of this idea!

Legate;

Do you think that some more libraries can be added into the game?

Like the libraries of Manetele, Mantle of the stars and also Longshade, how about a library that improves...eh...anything really.

Please....blush.gif

Student Adventure Neta step 9 and 10 again.

I am able to Handle the Negotiate -> Brute Strength way of this but this is the only path that is reasonable.

Negotiate becomse blue at 15 Skill so I haved to buff it +4

But in step 10 the Investigations (both observation Rolls) are still red with Observation 14 (also +4 trough magic).

Combined with a other roll needed after the Observation Investigation I think its still to high.

(Atributes 5,4,7,5,5,6,6)