Black Chicken Studios Forums

Question for you about Font Size

Legate of Mineta

Everyone;

We have had several suggestions about font size, and in particular on how to improve readability for our players who use larger resolutions or just prefer larger size letters. We investigated this last night with our coding team, and the solutions are not straightforward.

The most promising solution seems to be to give you, the player, the ability to resize the font dynamically. So, in game, if you find you can't read something, you can press a key and the game's fonts will grow larger. You can also lower the font size, too, if you wish. The problem with this solution is that it will take time to develop: possibly the end of September into the beginning of October, depending on when our team can start.

We can improve this time by scaling less of the game's writings, but this may or may not be helpful.

I would like to hear from our Players: what sections of the UI do you find hard to read, if any?

Thanks!

I would like to hear from our Players: what sections of the UI do you find hard to read, if any?

Primary culprit is obviously Adventures screen, as it has lots of small-sized text. Runner-up - the information screen in the right. Results of the day screen looks OK to me.

I play on a larger size monitor, to be honest I'd like to be able to make all the text larger. I find myself hunching close to the screen to read this game, and sometimes squinting a bit. :)

I can read it all, with some effort. But even the larger text, such as the descriptive text of the character creation (The days passed swiftly as you celebrated the news) is a bit smaller than I would like to see. And the smaller text, such as the individual choices of character creation that you select for your strengths and weaknesses - still legible, with more work from me to read it.

• 8 months later...

Impet;

Thanks for the feedback!

We are going to be adding a feature as noted above where you can dynamically scale the font. We're going to start with the 'easier' text boxes first -like the main Story Window- but the goal in the end is to make all text accessible in a way that matches your preferences.

Any progress on this? An option to increase the font/text size would be wonderful.

Everyone;

We have had several suggestions about font size, and in particular on how to improve readability for our players who use larger resolutions or just prefer larger size letters. We investigated this last night with our coding team, and the solutions are not straightforward.

The most promising solution seems to be to give you, the player, the ability to resize the font dynamically. So, in game, if you find you can't read something, you can press a key and the game's fonts will grow larger. You can also lower the font size, too, if you wish. The problem with this solution is that it will take time to develop: possibly the end of September into the beginning of October, depending on when our team can start.

We can improve this time by scaling less of the game's writings, but this may or may not be helpful.

Thanks!

The descriptions of items in shops/catalogs is rather difficult to read.

Archived