Free & Rhi;
1. While our characters are given pretty hard level caps on our skills, for balancing reasons surely... Can you tell us of lore cases where a student managed to go well beyond the skill caps in their first year on a certain subject?
I'll ask if they want to directly add one or two.
2. While being in a college surely gives us benefits in learning the field of magic the college specializes in, will that make it harder to get access to classes taught by a rival college?
3. Generally speaking, is the Mallen Star statue guarded at all times?
4. Does the color of a dragon signify anything about their personality, or lineage?
The study of the etiquette of Dragons is a subject unto itself- but suffice to say, it is not a major indicator of either.
5. While larger Familiars stay in the Menagerie, many smaller Familiars do accompany students to their classes. Does Pamela accompany the player? Or did the Professors revoke that privilege a long time ago, haha!
6. Are there any good examples of how simply being aware of Mastery magic being used on you reduces it's effectiveness? (understandably if that is true at all it would be on a case by case basis)
If there are...they would be [Redacted]!
7. Will Y2 have more opportunities to use Gates and Mastery in random events and stories? Even really bad ideas need to be used every so often, haha!
8. How thorough is Rikildis' fact checking on her news stories? She definitely strikes me as someone with no qualms about telling blatant lies if they were sensational enough and the risks for blowback were low enough.
You'd have to ask her.
9. Are there plans to allow the player character have a clique bonus for friends? (not for oneself)
Maaaayyybe. Not a very high priority, though.
10. How does dueling etiquette handle situations where familiars are utterly unmatched (say, one mage has a blood hound, the other a rabbit)?
There are some Duel types which specifically address the presence or the actions of Familiars. Usually, they are unconstrained.