Disclaimer: I'm pretty tired right now, but wanted to post this (had the idea in my head for some time now) because of my joy for the DLC, so it's kind of WiP right now, and some revision will hit this later...
No...nonono! You've overslept. Again.
Tearing yourself from the dreamworld you grab the nearest article of clothing and dart out the bedroom.
A long corridor here, a left turn there, up the stairs, through the archways, past the revision classes and...BAMM.
You bounce off @random_male_teacher@'s chest like a rubber ball.
- Well, well...if it isn't the famous @player@! Skipper of classes, Avoider of Detention, the Prince of Missing Homework! My pleasure...you'r majesty - he (@random_male_teacher@) says, irony dripping from his every word.
- I think it's high-time you learn some..."life and timetable management" young man. - he pulls out a small wooden doll from his robe - Let me introduce you to your new friend and companion; this here - he points at the doll with his wand, murmurs a few words, and phemes start to envelope the doll changins its shape, slowly altering it limb by limb, until it looks exactly like you. - is you. It's clear that you are unable to manage your own life, maybe seeing it from a different perspective is all the help you need to chisel away your problems.
He hands you the you-shaped doll with a smile that sends shivers down your spine.
- The doll is programmed to follow verbal commands, so you won't have to use magic. Your task is to carefully plan his every day for a whole week; it's up to your judgement what he does and when he does it. After a week it's going to evaluate your performance. If you manage to use the available time for good you will not get detention, if you however wastes its time as you do with yours, it's detention for both of you.
Widening the smile (which now is sure to give you nightmares) he pats you on the back and continues his rightous patrol down the corridor.
With absolutely no chance to make it to the class now, you head back to your room and put the doll on your desk. It just stands there motionless...
- Dance! - you command
After a few quiet seconds the doll bursts into a horrible display of limb throwing. You watch in ave as it reprduces your exact moves from last year's Hunt party.
- Activity for the morning is completed. I have lost 1 point of confidence and gained 1 point of endurance. Parrents approval incrased by 2.3 points. I have two more activites left for the day. - states the doll with the sound of grinding clockworks
Truth to be told; you really let things go awry nowadays, maybe this little project is what you need! Careful planning is the key, so after a delicious cup of steaming Grim Berry tea you get to work...
+ X school survival
+ X study methods
+ X stress
Even though it looks like that the doll is made from wood, you know it's an automaton; a construct of mechanical gears animated by magic. With some manipulation you might be able to program it to give you a perfect score.
Success: Even though the complexity of the doll is beyond anything you've seen, you manage to understand the basic functionality of the different gears, tubes and assorted parts. After a good hour of work you manage to switch some of the gears into positions they should only be after a perfect week. After the final modifictaion is done, you reanimate the doll with a little magical spark and watch with a smile as the gears spring to life...
+ X in engineering
+ X in malice
+ X in sleight of hand
Failure: The complexity of the doll is beyond anything you've seen, you just can't manage to understand even the most basic functionalities of the different gears, tubes and assorted parts. After hours of trying you think you've finally managed to achieve something. Sure some of the gears are missing and you've broken a few bits here and there, but you have a good feeling about your handiwork. You qucikly reanimate the automaton with a spark of magic and wait...
- Activities for the week completed. I have lost 1 point of confidence and gained 1 point of endurance. Parrents approval incrased by 2.3 points. My score is 1 from the possible 275.
Even though it looks like that the doll is made from wood, you know it's an automaton; a construct of mechanical gears animated by magic. With some luck, a good forge and a steady fire you could make copies of the doll, and fool around with them until you get a perfect week.
Success: Even though the complexity of the doll is beyond anything you've seen, you manage to understand the basic functionality of the different gears, tubes and assorted parts. After a few mistakes you manage to create a perfect copy. Early field tests show they are in perfect working order, so you create as many as you can then head back to you room to continue with the second phase of the plan...
+ X in forge
+ X in malice
+ X in aesthetics
Failure: Even though the complexity of the doll is beyond anything you've seen, you manage to understand the basic functionality of the different gears, tubes and assorted parts. Recreating it is however a completely different story; you just can't seem to reproduce the intricate details neccessary for the pieces to work as intended. After hours of failure you manage to create...something. It's deffinetely not what you wanted, it doesn't look like you at all, but unlike the others it didn't explode either, so you put it in your pockets and head back to your room.
- Automaton Abomination
Automaton Abomination: This horrible piece of clockwork and magic is the grim reminder of your failure to create an automaton. It might not be pretty, smart or helpful in any way, but its sad face always reflecting its sad state of existence makes you appreciate your life a little more...
+ X School Survival
+ X Befriend