Black Chicken Studios Forums

A world map? Also, dorms...and maybe later fluff questions.

Mikka

Well, we've tossed the mechanics around for a bit, but I'm curious about a few questions about the world itself.

I know we'll never see a map of the city or Academagia itself, but is there any sort of world map that at least pictures the different countries, if not cities? I keep getting confused in my head what belongs where.

More important, though, is the question of dorming. From what I understand, there's a large common room, and dorms off of it- they have to be close by, as you can be kept up in your room because of common room noise. It seems that one can access rooms of the opposite gender without too much trouble, as I remember as a female student being able stop in to some poor guy's room during an adventure without any fuss. I also remember an adventure that involved going to the room of a female student of the same house, so it seems that they're not bunked in one large room, rather everyone may have their own. There is no report of having a roommate at any time during the game. Does that mean every student is given their own room, or are there a combination of students who have single rooms and those who are doubling or even tripling?

Is it sort of like there's a huge common-room, and then two hallways off of it, one for gals (with rooms off of it) and one for guys? Or are the rooms directly connected to the common room? How about older grade students? Do they reside in a different hallway or is it mixed? The note in the room doesn't quite reveal things.. do students then keep the same room for all five years, or do they move each year?

I know the whole dorm questions are slightly weird, but I was trying to write an event involving them and realized I couldn't picture how exactly they were set up. ^^;;

Mikka;

Actually, for Draigh's wiki, we are producing good quality versions of the hand-drawn maps we used for production. This will ultimately include Elumia (not the world, per se, but the portion of it the game takes place in), the Upper City of Mineta, and the Academagia itself. No ETA on that, but I'm excited for the results. :)

Your character actually does have a room-mate (as I recall 3 of them.) Dorm rooms, what you put in them, and who lives in them will be a feature in Year 2.

I do know that College Avila used to be a girls-only college. Perhaps there can be an adventure in Year 3 about the College being divided over an issue of whether or not to become girls-only again?

But aside from that, I am also interested in how this sort of thing works, since that would influence how living at Academagia is portrayed.

Mikka;

Actually, for Draigh's wiki, we are producing good quality versions of the hand-drawn maps we used for production. This will ultimately include Elumia (not the world, per se, but the portion of it the game takes place in), the Upper City of Mineta, and the Academagia itself. No ETA on that, but I'm excited for the results. :)

Your character actually does have a room-mate (as I recall 3 of them.) Dorm rooms, what you put in them, and who lives in them will be a feature in Year 2.

You have room-mate ? I've seen no adventure/event that would takes place in the dorm room AND with a room mate. You know the kind of "You return to your dorm rooml to see that @dormroommate@ has set eveything on fire" event.

And special event available from the start like "chatting with dorm room mate", "Cleaning dorm room" that with a successfull charm/persuasion roll would let clean your room WITH your room mate (and you would get the golden emotion for 10 days ?). Things like that.

I think "maps" are a critical point.

As it is now the gameplay is too much centered on the "Schedule" and not enough on "Locations" making much of the background lore & imageries forgettable & forgotten. You don't have much remembrance where many activities/abilities are happening.

Use of maps would re-balance this.

The maps really make sense, and ideas like these that will be seen in the coming years punch me through up to my endurance cap! ;) It gets me furious when thinking of this.

I cant wait for YEAR TWO!!! PUCK IT! SHEET OF PAPER! HOLY COW! :lol:

go pick up your dev suites and finish that EPIC game!!! and dont PUCKED-up :lol:

So cool so cool so cool so cool!

Thanks so much for that, and for the knowledge that we'll be seeing maps eventually. Awesome!

...Now, to figure out how to use the room-mate deal. Hm.

I wonder if poster versions would be available... Maps can make interesting wall decorations. I've got one very nice 'old european' style map already, complete with all the errors and embellishments one expects of the period. A modern reproduction, I'm pretty sure, but no less beautiful for not being unique.

I actually like the realistic-style maps. Not that the art focused ones like Acdemagia Fan posted aren't lovely, because they are definitely lovely, but without a scale and compass, I don't feel it does me much good as a map. As an art piece, definitely, though. Eh. Both are great. I'm really impressed with Sapiento's work.

Would it be possible to change the description of the Character's Room to note that the character shares it with three other first year students of their collage? Playing again, I couldn't find anything that hints that the character doesn't have their own room... it would be nice to have that in game somewhere.

How long ago did Motown fall? This may be in the game somewhere and I missed it...

Mikka;

Motown? I am guessing you mean Monteon. :)

The Cataclysm was about 400 years ago from the present date, and still reverberates in the minds of everyone in Elumia.

Ah, I did it again! That one's a bit amusing, at least... fun to imagine the fall of some good R&B 400 years ago still in hearts and mind today. ;)

Thanks! That answers some questions I had.

Archived