Black Chicken Studios Forums

Research

Vieux chat

Dont miss out that some Skills if you realy bring them to 11 (not with just some bonies) have other nice things.

But yes Skillmax +1 is only interesting if you realy whant to focus but I read that some Research Topics also gives a Attribute +1 when you bring them to 10.

Sadly Research Topics at 1-9 are only Lore to my knowledge.

Lors is good, but research can be hard sometimes and I don't want to spend 10 actions for just one max skill. The attribute bonus is good, but 9 levels of lore is a bit sad (even if I like lore)

Maybe research could help get better results at exam ? And half your research could enhance your max skill (so a skill could go up to 15 thanks to research) ? Or each research level would let you do additionnal rolls (if you have 3 levels of research in ambush and you have an ambush roll to do, you in fact roll 3 dice and keep the best) ?

Lors is good, but research can be hard sometimes and I don't want to spend 10 actions for just one max skill. The attribute bonus is good, but 9 levels of lore is a bit sad (even if I like lore)

Maybe research could help get better results at exam ? And half your research could enhance your max skill (so a skill could go up to 15 thanks to research) ? Or each research level would let you do additionnal rolls (if you have 3 levels of research in ambush and you have an ambush roll to do, you in fact roll 3 dice and keep the best) ?

Many of the most powerful and interesting actions, abilities, and phemes come from the 11th level of various skills; researching them is usually required to gain those interesting things. View research as similar to studying; you don't get much out of it apart from lore and a bonus at the end, but the bonus at the end is worth 10 actions.

Minor rewards at research level 5 or something might be good incentives, however.

Today I Researched Dialectic to 10 in hope to increase the Skill Max for it because I haved 2 SS of it realy at 11 (increased theyr max) and Famous Dilemmas at 13 thanks to a Clique Member. Because Dialectic still was at 10 I thought I need to do the research but sadly I only got a +1 to a Attribute.

Today I Researched Dialectic to 10 in hope to increase the Skill Max for it because I haved 2 SS of it realy at 11 (increased theyr max) and Famous Dilemmas at 13 thanks to a Clique Member. Because Dialectic still was at 10 I thought I need to do the research but sadly I only got a +1 to a Attribute.

In general, I have found that researching parent skills will almost never raise a skill maximum, as they themselves don't actually have maximums; only subskills do. Most subskill research, on the other hand, will raise skill maximums; but not all. In particular, History subskill research tends to give attribute bonuses; I'm not really sure about any others, but I'm sure they're out there.

In regard to the 'let's speculate' there might be several ways to apply lore directly. If you add more options to an event, example:

Finesse/Incantation: That huge @specificplant@ think it can outsmart you? Blast it with lightning!

Finesse/Incantation: That huge @specificplant@ think it can outsmart you? Blast it with fire!

If you happen to remember what the @specificplant@ was vulnerable to you might get a bonus result... but gneh, seems like a lot of work.

• 1 month later...

Archived