mhv3

Mod Tools

120 posts in this topic

Thanks very much for the repost. =)

I've made torrents of the Mod AMO and the Mod Base (hope I didn't do anything wrong by doing so: if I did please tell me, I'll remove them). Seeing as I've never made torrents before there's a good chance I've failed epically, but here they are...

Academagia Mod AMO

Academagia Mod Base

Quick Modding question.

Are backgrounds applied only at new game start?

If I want to expand a mod can I add to an existing background and have it pick up the new stuff without starting a new game? (Are which mod's are applied picked only on starting a new game?)

For examply my mod adds 4 new actions then uses a background to add them to the player. Let's say I want to create 1 more action. and have the same background add it too.

If the mod name and filename stay the same do I need to start a new game to see that action?

mhv3;

Unfortunately, Backgrounds are only applied at game start- games in progress (usually) cannot benefit from changes in Content.

I seem to be having no luck whatsoever in getting the latest ModBase link to work. Every time it says it's ready for the download to begin it just refreshes the page on me and starts over.

So I've got a mod going that's been publishing for about four hours now and is at 16 percent. The only thing I added was a single Background option: is there something I might be doing wrong which would contribute to this kind of slowness?

Susan;

Unfortunately no- the process of mod making insures maximum compatibility across any and all changes that you make. This means that the simplest change takes just as long as a massive one! We are considering ways to streamline the process of mod making to support our players, but we haven't found a good solution yet.

If you convert your Mod into an Official Content and then publish said Official Content, the process is much faster; although apparently Mods created this way will need to be recreated after every DLC or Content Patch. Normal fix patches however seem okay, as far as I can tell.

The process is really, really much faster though, so it is definitely worth it over the normal Mod publishing process.

I compress the mod base with rar and it effectively pack the 362 mb file down to 151 mb, so please make it a standard to have the official download and any mod sharing be done in some sort of file compression.

Shingai;

Alright, so to clarify:

1) You opened Mod Base and changed a few things.

2) You then closed the Mod Tools and reopened them.

3) You navigated to Tools - Publish Mod and chose ModBase.amm and pressed 'Open'.

4) You then selected Academagia 1.0.0.amo and chose 'Open'.

5) Finally, you typed in the name of your Mod and chose 'Save'.

After step one and two, it doesn't appear to save the mod changes I made. Mod base is not renamed, and there is no file on my system that I can find that matches the name I changed it to in File>Properties. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

Lucien;

You are making changes directly to the Mod Base; you aren't doing anything incorrect. File->Properties only changes how your Mod will be named when you view it in game. :)

I think I saw it somewhere, but I wanted to do a confirm... will we be getting a new Modtools release with DLC 10?

ok but why would you release a new modbase with out releasing a new modtools? Its a bit like replacing a wheel on a car with a broken down engine useful once you get the engine fixed but until then its an effort in futility.