Black Chicken Studios Forums

Mod Tools

mhv3

• 3 months later...

All right i got it but the AMO file from baidu keep failing halfway. Is there another link i can get?

Ok finally managed to download it.

I opened the mod tool and played around with it a little. So far i can more or less understand it except for 1 thing. What does the set default button on the effects tab (and others) do?

I made a few changes and then tried compiling. Everything seems fine so about 5% in i went to sleep. But come this morning, there is nothing on the screen. No error message, no new mdm file and the mod tool is closed. So what could be the problem here? Is my computer unable to compile it or did i make a illegal change?

• 3 months later...

I made a few changes and then tried compiling. Everything seems fine so about 5% in i went to sleep. But come this morning, there is nothing on the screen. No error message, no new mdm file and the mod tool is closed. So what could be the problem here? Is my computer unable to compile it or did i make a illegal change?

Your computer is probably not powerful enough to compile it.

On another note, I notice that the Mod Tools had no icons of its own, and it bothered me so much that I made one with much effort!

AHM1gmb.png?1

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3491837782&uk=3676494240

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance of the source code of year 1 to be released at some point?

I'm sure there are some players like me, who want to fiddle around with the code, looking at how stuff works.

It would make modding much easier, knowing how everything is calculated and such.

Most of the development effort by the team is now going to year 2, so it's likely that some stuff will never be fixed in Y1, which would be a shame, moreso because the new year expands on what happened in the first year. I'm thinking of performance fixes, bug fixes, AI improvement, and perhaps even feature additions.

• Like 1

Any chance someone can re-upload the AMO to another host? My connection's a bit unstable and even with retrying a bit I can't expect it to stay up longer than 3 hours straight or so without a short download-breaking outage.

The baidu.com link is the only one I found in this thread that isn't dead, but its download speed is too slow for me to realistically get the file.

Well if your connection drops out occasionally maybe you should install a download manager. I remember using one of those back when I used a connection with a maximum download pr month (which they enforced by cutting the connection every few seconds for some reason). It should allow you to retain progress each time your connection drops and pick up where you left off at least as long as the connection comes back within a few seconds. Worth considering if you aren't going to get a better connection.

Anyway I downloaded it and reuploaded it to another site, not sure how long it stays up though (I think they delete them if it takes too long before next download).

Here: AMO.rar

• 3 months later...

Pretty much none of the links work except for the one CremePudding posted. Here is said link. The white button in the middle of the screen is the download button, and if you get another prompt go with whatever button is the least decorative and catchy - I suspect the second prompt is a Premium account something-or-another whatever, but I can't confirm that.

And if you need a link to the DLC15 .amm mod base, this one still works.

Also an FYI: Unless you still have Windows XP, there's a bug with the mod tools where it won't allow you to make any changes within the "Main Text" tab, so you won't be able to add/change adventures or events properly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

What mod tool release are you talking about? To my knowledge the mod tool of year 1 we got is at it is and there wont be any changes or updates because of licence issues.

That's a shame. I was hoping that we would get something that would allow us to publish faster or even publish at all. The old ones ( the ones we get ) doesn't seem to make any progress publishing the mod, or it's taking a huge chunk of time to go even 1%.