Black Chicken Studios Forums

Bugs in Patch 14

Adrian

The "Taxidermist's Pin" does not seem to apply the bonuses that it states, at least not from the knabsack and it does not have a slot where it can be equiped. Unless you need the skill first to view the 'progress', though I believe that it had a bonus to a stat as well, which I don't believe I receved.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This might just be my install of Academagia, but it seems that whenever I create a new clique, name it and then press enter(exit, to be exact) I am booted to the desktop. The game continues fine, so there are no worries, it just strikes me as odd.

Aranaz and Vernin College got both the "Special Privileges" at the same day, I dont think this is intended. The Merit of both were 42.

After a Event updating the Skill and Research display still dont works correct. From a Event I got a decrease in Courtly Fashion but Aestetics only display after one more turn processing.

Study at the Library of Longshade sometimes dont gives the random Skill even with no maxed Skill so fare and also still sometimes a Research Topic .

Schwarzbart;

If both Colleges cross the same Merit Threshold simultaneously, they can both share the Prize. This is working correctly.

For Aesthetics, I am not quite sure I understand- you are saying that you had an Event which decreased your Courtly Fashion Skill, which I presume you did you not have before, and you did not see Courtly Fashion in your Skill list until the turn after?

The Library of Longshade is a known issue- we'll see if we can rework it slightly in DLC 4 to provide better results.

Thanks!

I had a bit of the same problem (not with Aestetics, but with Tactics in Raid), a save/reload was enough to get it back. I didn't see if it worked to just wait another day. But there might be something fishy going on!

I am sorry I didn't get the ID of the event, but it was where William Vickery had a plant eaten by locust. Not sure if it actually the event, but it can't hurt. :)

I'm confused about the content for the collages, myself. I started an Avila character, History as a class- he started with the Legacy of Many Towers skill, but not the Aranaz skill about their nice little rock (it seems if I can research the Towers, I should be able to research their rock, I would think?). Studying the Legacy of Many Towers once, I get access to the Vernin board and can help them. I have two adventures I hadn't seen before, an adventure called the Much Rumored Tower, and the adventure starting with A Book Full of Ghosts. Are both of them open adventures? Nothing I've seen in them so far seems like they should be collage blocked, but I figured I would ask.

Random Event Kitchen 3, with the something in your soup... I used the Observation option, which informed me that the thing in my soup was a Fairy and I needed to save the poor thing. The game then repeated the 'There is something splashing around in your soup etc' initial event text and exited the event with no other choices possible. I think the link up is bugged; either that, or I didn't have any of the skills needed to do anything, but if so I think there should be a generic 'You dump your bowl out to save the fairy' exit or whatever.

Query: if one doesn't start with the secret history dun dun dun background, is it still possible to gain full access to the S-school of Gates? What about to the nice old witch in the swamp? Basically, can a character with high explore stumble upon her and start the adventure path even though their parents told them nothing? Or can a character with high explore and a tendency for picking up evil items make it to the S-school and plead their case? Simple curiosity. Although that's more of a question then any sort of bug... also, is there any sort of 'get Mastery' path in the game?

The Defaulted Prize adventure has a few fluff errors. Around every third sentence, there are two spaces between each word rather then one: the whole thing could just use a quick copy in to word and back. There's a sentence that starts "The crown disperses and you confront Professor Chastelian..." - there are two ll's in his name. There's also the full paragraph that's all "I am not bound to deception of such delicacies, young master 'Chastellain. (etc)" The 'Chastallain shouldn't be there- just the young master/miss or whatever should be fine, as he doesn't remember your name at that point anyway. The sentence after that, "I am humbled for any incontinence I have placed upon your expectations, but you must prepare for unforeseen shorten prospects if one is to acquire fortitude of spirit."... is just very strange. The game notes him as being incomprehensible, but the choice of using incontinence is really, really unfortunate there. Using incontinent as an adjective would be fine, but using it as a noun not only doesn't quite work in that sentence, but has really been so tied to er, sex and bowel movements, that it caused me to do a complete spit-take on my keyboard. Even if one attempts to use it as 'uncontrolledness', it still doesn't exactly seem right. I don't know. Also, shorten should be shortened.

I honestly am not sure what is grammatically correct (I learned it the way the rest of the game uses, but I've seen reports who claim it is wrong), but during the The Beating Heart of the Swamp, the teacher says: "Oh," she says, "well, I wouldn't expect you to know, since this the only one in existence--" -In most other formatting like it in Academagia, the second part of the sentence is capitalized. At least that I've seen... it should probably be consist, whether it be capitalized or not. I'm not too confident on that one, though.

After a long hiatus due to busy real-school work, I've returned to Academagia! I'm really excited about the new content, it's even more overwhelming than it used to be.

I've hit a snag in the 'Request a meeting with your mentor' line, however. It looks like the Creativity exit isn't working properly anymore (I'm up to date on patches). When I take that option, which succeeds, I don't get the next adventure in the chain, I just finish that adventure as normal, but cant get another meeting with Oan. I do get it if I take and fail the memorization option, however.

Congrats on all the new work on the game, and all the new people it's drawn in my away time, and thanks as always.

emerssso;

Thanks! We'll look at and correct that Mentor issue in DLC 4.

Mikka;

I believe those should be College blocked, but I'll ask the Content Team to investigate. For the others, we'll close those in DLC 4.

It is possible to gain access to the Gates School if you do not take the secret Background, but it's highly improbable- you have to discover Euneycia's hideout on your own, through exploration.

Thanks!

Archived