Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

You are not going to give Philippy's spider that ability are you? I would pat myself every day and every minute checking for invisible strings!

Knowing you, all that happens will be psychic remote kitten-touching :rolleyes:

Do you guys have a backstory for the Mysterious Package set in stone or is it intentionally vague?

And I would like some pointers on discovering what adventures involves Evdokseia (or at least her accent) :)

Also I remember reading a lore about Legate Tomasz Balimonde getting his feet transformed or something due to his misogyny. Is he just a unusually weak Legate or is it because whoever did it was very powerful?. (Because the proclamation makes it sound like it is just a bunch of students)

How old was the Nim's Rate?

CP & Leoshi;

Do you guys have a backstory for the Mysterious Package set in stone or is it intentionally vague?

Backstory. :)

And I would like some pointers on discovering what adventures involves Evdokseia (or at least her accent) :)

For both Evdokseia and Aventyrare, I'm not sure. I know both are (un)helpfully discussed...

Also I remember reading a lore about Legate Tomasz Balimonde getting his feet transformed or something due to his misogyny. Is he just a unusually weak Legate or is it because whoever did it was very powerful?. (Because the proclamation makes it sound like it is just a bunch of students)

I don't know if there's more to that story off-hand, but it's likely some instructors were involved in that as well.

How old was the Nim's Rate?

I'm not sure, I'll have to ask.

So... Exactly what rights do women have compared to men in setting? I imagine similar to near medieval times, although Briardi's presence in a senior position makes me question that. Then again her description does mention hostility... Legate, can you shed light on this?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a feeling this was asked previously, but imagine that you've not picked Incantation for a class skill, yet still put in the effort to master it (to the degree that 10-11 skill represents that).

As I understand it year two will feature various advanced classes based on previous class skills, will such a student be allowed to pick advanced studies in that field even though he didn't receive instruction it it (aside from Contu's that is)?

Also will stuff like +1 Incantation rolls (from the study mastery) transfer to year 2, and "Chance of Success - Incantation Spells +2%" from favors, will all such minor improvements to chances transfer?

Schwarzbart;

There is a limit, yes, but I'm not sure what it is. I think it's based on your Concealability.

So a bit like the limit for what you can normally wear to classrooms? Will we need to dispose of surplus stuff or will it be waiting for us when we return the the Academagia?

Free;

It's generally expected that a traveler will carry a weapon or two; there are no laws specifically for or against it, except that in most cities you will need to knot your sword or other weapon, and generally you must give them over at taverns, public houses, etc.

Dream;

That's right- you can't keep your goods on campus, so you'll need to find a place to stash them. You'll have a little time to do just that when the game begins.

Schwarzbart;

I think that as far as precision mechanical techniques go, such a thing is possible. However, I don't think it's been done, except possibly as a curiosity, since hand techniques are enough to solve most problems faced in professional life, and magic, to a certain degree, can provide alternate solutions.

Schwarzbart;

I think that as far as precision mechanical techniques go, such a thing is possible. However, I don't think it's been done, except possibly as a curiosity, since hand techniques are enough to solve most problems faced in professional life, and magic, to a certain degree, can provide alternate solutions.

Given the need for navigation between islands, interest in astrology (calculating orbits,etc) and accounting I'd expect that you'd have abacuses and logarithm tables - they'd handle most math if used properly.