Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

...You *might* want to add some incantation to that list. :)

Amusingly, there isn't a (first-year) spell to summon Fireballs actually in Incantation .... I mean, there's Fire Shards, sure, but according to Grainne you actually need to delve into some kind of Forbidden Magic to actually call forth a Fireball. No clue what she's talking about though, maybe you should talk to Lambert about it? I mean, he tried to foist forbidden magic onto me when we were rescuing Pamela ... (BTW, I just *love* the 'failure' for the Revision option - Pamela can't affect the physical world except in minor ways my left foot!).

But no, the idea was to Enchant my nostrils to Revise any ejecta into (nonmagical) fireballs, as opposed to creating a swarm of Fireballs each time I sneezed.

Till what year will it possible to deepen the knowledge in a magic class that is not in the focus of your college?

At last if we manage to get trough the exams.

So for Angelik how long will she be able to continue taking Negation as Avila student and so manage to (nearly) keep up with Durand Students when it comes down to Negation?

Is the last year the 3th or the 4th?

Schwarzbart;

It's a fair point- I'll bring that to the Team, they may wish to revise that.

The triplet adventure does have them doing a formal duel with some sort of mystical perimeter from recolletion - I suspect that the "duelling circle" is the basic perimeter for amateurs, real masters know a multitude of variants.

sooo.

1. How many shipwrecks still exist from the calamities?

2. If a student was picked on by multiple students as a result of low relations to the point of recurring trips to the infirmary, would professors intervene?

3. If the Legate was Mastered in some way, who would investigate that?

4. Are the events that collectively occur in Y1 standard happenings at the school, or hectic even by their standards?

5. Orsi is a very hands-on guy... But how much of what he does is part of the job description?

6. How common were Gates and Mastery mages preban? especially in comparison to relatively common Glamour and Incantation mages?

7. how many guns (cannons) do the warships in setting typically cave?

8. How fast would a steam powered airship be compared to a wind powered one with a mage generating wind? (both in regards to absolute top speed for say a battle, and a less strenuous pace for long distance 'endurance' travel)

9. Are rats as common on airships as on real ships of that period?

10. Counting all years, is the number of students at the academy around 300-310?

11. If a person was revised to stone, would they remain conscious?

12. Clockwork golems exist, but, do any of those have appearances of a human?

13. Is there an analogue in setting to gypsies?

14. Are unnatural hair colors or eye colors possible without magic? Like being born with it?

15. If an island was destroyed, would it reform as it had been or in different form?

16. Is it possible to create memories in others without Mastery?

17. I noticed that both adventures involving Pamela take place from the player's perspective. Shouldn't she have one for herself as well?

18. Can the clocktower be heard across all of campus?

19. Are students ever sworn to secrecy regarding anything they are taught at the academy?

20. Can ghosts possess inanimate objects, like Geist?

21. Can underclassmen attend the graduation ceremony of their older friends?

22. How long do the Regents serve in their positions?

23. If one's clique was yourself and 5-6 kids of the opposite gender, would any consequences ensue? ;)

24. Are rainbows common, or does the relative lack of water make them rare?

25. What would a Siamese cat be called?

26. If somebody actually managed to somehow capture and imprison a dragon for experiments, how likely would it be that they would be forced to kill it?

27. Are "ideals" used in all pillars?

28. Have any other wizards come close to being recognized as masters of multiple pillars?

29. If Mineta got hit by the blizzard of the century, how well could they recover from it? How long before the roads were cleared?

30. How often do students spread (usually) baseless rumors about someone using forbidden magic? and if caught perpetuating it, what is the punishment?

3) The player char ;) Serious I think its most likely the Regents who might find out about this and then investigate or use this weakness of the Legate to replace him / her.

Edit:

6) The Legate told me that Gate and Mastery was a normal class at Academagia like Incantation or Glamour back at this time. So yes there must be many students who take at last 1 year of Gate or Mastery.

17) That's probably because She is the default familiar

Free;

1. How many shipwrecks still exist from the calamities?

Unknown, but there are always treasure hunters.

2. If a student was picked on by multiple students as a result of low relations to the point of recurring trips to the infirmary, would professors intervene?

It would depend on the Professors.

3. If the Legate was Mastered in some way, who would investigate that?

Probably outside investigators would be engaged.

4. Are the events that collectively occur in Y1 standard happenings at the school, or hectic even by their standards?

Probably standard. :)

5. Orsi is a very hands-on guy... But how much of what he does is part of the job description?

Sadly, no such job description has been posted. ;)

6. How common were Gates and Mastery mages preban? especially in comparison to relatively common Glamour and Incantation mages?

Gates was pretty uncommon, but Mastery was widely practiced.

7. how many guns (cannons) do the warships in setting typically cave?

The Ruckmarn ships carry 6-8 in a broadside.

8. How fast would a steam powered airship be compared to a wind powered one with a mage generating wind? (both in regards to absolute top speed for say a battle, and a less strenuous pace for long distance 'endurance' travel)

Not nearly as fast for either, depending on the skill of the mage.

9. Are rats as common on airships as on real ships of that period?

About as common, yes.

10. Counting all years, is the number of students at the academy around 300-310?

Ish.

11. If a person was revised to stone, would they remain conscious?

Not necessarily, it depends on the spell.

12. Clockwork golems exist, but, do any of those have appearances of a human?

You mean, could such a golem pass for a human? Not that anyone knows. :)

13. Is there an analogue in setting to gypsies?

Maybe the people of Monteon. But not precisely, no.

14. Are unnatural hair colors or eye colors possible without magic? Like being born with it?

As possible in the real world.

15. If an island was destroyed, would it reform as it had been or in different form?

As it had been, presumably.

16. Is it possible to create memories in others without Mastery?

It is probably possible, but no one has said they have done it if it has been done.

17. I noticed that both adventures involving Pamela take place from the player's perspective. Shouldn't she have one for herself as well?

Maybe. :)

18. Can the clocktower be heard across all of campus?

I think so, yes.

19. Are students ever sworn to secrecy regarding anything they are taught at the academy?

If they are, you haven't been...yet.

20. Can ghosts possess inanimate objects, like Geist?

Unknown, but they are able to interact with objects in some ways.

21. Can underclassmen attend the graduation ceremony of their older friends?

I don't think so, no.

22. How long do the Regents serve in their positions?

They serve at the pleasure of the Legate and the Regents.

23. If one's clique was yourself and 5-6 kids of the opposite gender, would any consequences ensue? ;)

Not particularly. You might feel some social pressures.

24. Are rainbows common, or does the relative lack of water make them rare?

Fairly rare.

25. What would a Siamese cat be called?

Unknown.

26. If somebody actually managed to somehow capture and imprison a dragon for experiments, how likely would it be that they would be forced to kill it?

Very, very, very likely.

Yes.

28. Have any other wizards come close to being recognized as masters of multiple pillars?

Hmmm, perhaps some of the legendary ones.

29. If Mineta got hit by the blizzard of the century, how well could they recover from it? How long before the roads were cleared?

Unknown. The city would probably benefit from the high number of mages within. The surrounding countryside, less so.

30. How often do students spread (usually) baseless rumors about someone using forbidden magic? and if caught perpetuating it, what is the punishment?

Rare. Punishments can be pretty stiff, depending on the Student.

4) Assuming that all adventures take place (Main Adventure, Cloudy Skies, Carnage on the Fields, Aultrine Order, Briardi's past, and whatever else happens that I haven't gone through), the level of events is almost certainly abnormal, although the amount of things taking place may not be. Particularly not for first-years.

5) Doesn't it say in his description that he is far more hands-on than most Legates are? Although I don't know if that's due to tradition or if the Legate's really aren't supposed to interfere that much, so ....

8) Piggy-backing off of this, how fast are the Red Ships? They're supposed to have been built to outrun Dragons, and they move fast enough to exert gravitic pressure on their occupants ....

17) Pamela is too awesome for the player's mind to encompass! (More seriously, she just doesn't really give off the vibe of someone who could actually 'do' an Adventure ... at least until she gets more confident.)

23) There haven't been :P

27) I think the Legate mentioned that they were used in all pillars.

Edit: And beaten by ten minutes. :/ Ah, well; Legate, do you know how fast Red Ships are?

Edited by Entropy Judge