Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

While defense is too strong a word for this, wouldn't a first year who knew Mastery and Gates be able to detect if those magics were used easier than any other student?

Or is knowledge of the magics themselves irrelevant to this sort of task?

What is the current status of Y2? Can you tell us how much work has gone into it since I last pestered you?

Here are a few questions I don't think has been asked before.

1. How many children have been born at the Academagia in recent memory, and what is the school's policy in dealing with that if it is a student becoming a mother? I imagine that in most cases, the school would try to deal with that well before but in the case where it is hidden until the last second, what happens, especially if there's a really good scandal to go along with it?

2. What are some of the benefits the school gives to Alumni? Even if the game will never cover it, would a person be able to continue studying at the Venalicium without drawing any special attention?

3. While becoming a professor right after graduation is very very unlikely, are there other positions that a recent graduate might be able to land at the Academy?

For Que'a, it's possible she was; she spent most of her childhood in a place that seems to have been called Quintale or Quintelle Forest, and some scholars have made a strong case that it's a place in Cyrenton that modern dwellers call Kyntan's Wood.

But, of course, the mages of Monteon always swore that she was one of theirs.

Free;

1) None that I am aware of, as expecting mothers must leave the University- that includes the faculty.

2) Access to the grounds, including its libraries, is the general benefit. There are seminars which are held for alumni, too, and of course the network.

3) Although it's rare, almost any staff position would be a possibility. They are always in needs of groundskeepers. :)

Have students ever been expelled from their colleges due to opposing the dominant ethos of the college? For example, I could imagine a Morvidus student who is attracted to the college initially by its emphasis on revision magic but later becomes disgusted by the high number of animal or nature obsessed students whom the college tolerates and encourages through its focus on zoology. Assume that said attitude does not lead to decreased academic performance.

If a foreign spy was caught trying to assassinate Catherine Chard, but no hard evidence could be found to determine whether this was an actual mission his superiors gave him or the act of an individual gone rogue (I assume that in these circumstances the country in question would deny all involvement and the spy in question would be either unaccounted for or dead), how would people react?

What resources are there to legally research methods of defending against Mastery? In the Random event after the Octavia adventure, it's stated that Orsi published the group's findings on the type of Negation that was used, and implied that it was even stated as anti Mastery magic. I'm curious about this.

1) Is it planed that the NPC students lose their familiar if not trained it in year 2 like the player?

2) Is it planed that the current familiar of some NPC students get replaced in the next years?

3) Will some NPC student have multiple familiar in year 2 already or will this something only for the player?