Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

1. Are there any physical differences between male and female Dragons, at least as a human might observe?

2. Can you tell us a little bit about derivative phemes and permutations of existing phemes? How does one draw the Chaos pheme correctly, and how do the differing variations affect spells?

3. Mmm. In Y1, I followed my heart in my omni-disciplinarian ways, but I get this feeling that it won't be possible to take 4 classes in varying pillars in addition to my college-mandated classes in Y2... Are there additional ways to learn a pillar in Y2 similar to the Contu school, so that if I have to focus on 1 pillar in my Academagia studies, the other pillars won't need to be abandoned?

4. Will school politics (and regent Favor) play a role in determining which Y2 classes we'll be eligible for after the summer break? In other words, Will I as an Aranaz student need to apply a favor to Briardi to get access to all non-exclusive Negation classes if I want to focus my Academagia classes in Negation while looking elsewhere for knowledge in the other pillars?

5. Exactly where is the line drawn between the responsibility of the Legate and a Regent of a college? Are there instances where von Rupprecht would rightfully tell Orsi that he shouldn't interfere in a college affair?

6. Are there correlations between a pheme's power and it's difficulty to draw? Are there exceptions?

http://academagia.invisionzone.com/topic/1274-a-few-in-game-questions/?do=findComment&comment=61527

2. While being in a college surely gives us benefits in learning the field of magic the college specializes in, will that make it harder to get access to classes taught by a rival college?

Yep!

so I wanted confirmation

Free;

1. Are there any physical differences between male and female Dragons, at least as a human might observe?

Yes, but unless you are well versed in Dragons, you wouldn't notice.

2. Can you tell us a little bit about derivative phemes and permutations of existing phemes? How does one draw the Chaos pheme correctly, and how do the differing variations affect spells?

That is difficult to explain, but it's best expressed as a hierarchy of ideas, becoming increasingly more specific until even Chaos can take a defined form.

3. Mmm. In Y1, I followed my heart in my omni-disciplinarian ways, but I get this feeling that it won't be possible to take 4 classes in varying pillars in addition to my college-mandated classes in Y2... Are there additional ways to learn a pillar in Y2 similar to the Contu school, so that if I have to focus on 1 pillar in my Academagia studies, the other pillars won't need to be abandoned?

Perhaps not comprehensively, but there are ways.

4. Will school politics (and regent Favor) play a role in determining which Y2 classes we'll be eligible for after the summer break? In other words, Will I as an Aranaz student need to apply a favor to Briardi to get access to all non-exclusive Negation classes if I want to focus my Academagia classes in Negation while looking elsewhere for knowledge in the other pillars?

What Schwarzbart (and also I!) wrote is correct. ;)

5. Exactly where is the line drawn between the responsibility of the Legate and a Regent of a college? Are there instances where von Rupprecht would rightfully tell Orsi that he shouldn't interfere in a college affair?

That's subject to interpretation, and generally can be said to fall under tradition or custom. It's not defined very well, which, of course, has led to all kinds of trouble. :)

6. Are there correlations between a pheme's power and it's difficulty to draw? Are there exceptions?

There are always exceptions, but there is a pretty well known correlation between those two.

16 minutes ago, Schwarzbart said:

1) Are there different factions at work in Schohanwicht like in Academagia, maybe even more extrem?

__ ___ ___ ___   _   ___ _____ ___ ___ __ 
 | _| _ \ __|   \ /_\ / __|_   _| __|   \_ |
 | ||   / _|| |) / _ \ (__  | | | _|| |) | |
 | ||_|_\___|___/_/ \_\___| |_| |___|___/| |
 |__|                                   |__|

@dyrhet: I doubt that you will get an answer to that, any more than I will get an answer about why Prudence is studying Grammar and Arithmetic rather than Athletics and incantation (especially since Prudence seems skilled at incantation). But I am confident that Flore and Prudence's courses make sense for their characters, even though all details about those characters have not been released to the players.

1. Are there any social norms for hair length? Most boys seem pretty much on the short end, and even girls seem to rarely have anything longer than shoulder length hair.

2. Is longer hair common on sailors (and pirates!) of both genders?

3, While Graduating from the Academagia surely opens connections for employment, even for the less talented, have any wizards chosen to become pirates immediately after their education? What is the most famous of those who might have?

4. How effective would Revision be at Curing blindness in a person who was born that way? As opposed to healing a recently blind individual?

5. Are there restrictions on free use of healing magic in Mineta? Do hospitals or healing temples have enough sway with any governments to enact that kind of restriction on conscientous mages who might charitably help others for little to nothing?

6. What is the legal situation if a passing wizard finds an ancient, but harmless Gates enchantment that a small village had been relying on for centuries, perhaps even unknowingly, and decides to negate it, thus severely impacting the quality of life of everyone in the village? In theory, could a master Negator Negate the Negation and not get in trouble? :)

7. Can you give us an example of some of the actions one might do in order to cast a non-pheme based Astrology spell?

Free;

1) No, although there are some local traditions, especially in Meril.

2) Indeed!

3) I'll ask for examples, but it's fairly rare.

4) It's more difficult, as in those cases the problem isn't obvious where you might need to Revise. It would be easier if the injury were obvious.

5) There aren't restrictions of that type- but if they were, they would be guild based, more likely.

6) They would be unlikely to get into trouble.

7) Hmm. I'll ask to see what the Team would like to say...