Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

@Legate of Mineta: 1. How commonly available is Dragonroot in Mineta? is it taxed? is it expensive?

2. Why are so many students reluctant to talk about their origins? Is it a Minetan social taboo, or a result of some event in the past?

@freespace2dotcom: The Legate told me earlier on this thread that there is little study of and knowledge of mind-altering plants in Mineta.

@Legate of Mineta: Thank you, and I look forward to any answers.

Questions about Ana Flavia Bessa: 1. Her name is the only contemporary character's that is in a three part form (analogous to the Latin name of Earth). She is also minor aristocracy. Is her three part name associated with very old Elumian aristocratic lineages?

2. According to classical Latin (and presumably Elumian), the name Flavia would be pronounced Fla-wia. Would Ana Flavia find it strange to be addressed as Ana Fla-wia? how would other contemporary speakers/writers of Elumian say Flavia?

Question about Zoe Melis and Cassetta: Does Cassetta have its own language still? Does Zoe speak it?

1) How common is it that a student suddenly vanish just to appear 1 or more years later again? Do this happen nearly every year or is more uncommon?

2) Is it common that a student have to step out for a year or more (because of money, family reasons and so on)?

2b) Is it planed that such thing could be happen as a result of a adventure from the player?

3) Is it planed that we get one or more repeater into our year?

1) Any of the class we have in the 1st year planed to be thought in rotation with other subjects? I suspect Dialectic to be one of this class  we can't be take for the next 1-2 years again.

(I suspect that Brew probably is a cyclic class that we get in the 2nd year while also 1st year will take it)

1b) Could you give us the planed cycle of the already set cyclic class of our 1st year?

1) Can you already go into the mechanic how to build a library in year 2? I.e. do we need different books about the same topic or can be put 10 different books together and call it a library.

2) What will be the benefit in year 2 for having a personal library especial if the books are about different topics?

Any word on the history question? It's been 11 days since you said you'd ask, and you have lots of other questions that you said you'd ask since then, and since we know you hold weekly meetings... ;)

46 minutes ago, Rhialto said:

@Legate of Mineta:

Why would relationships between Oursouk and the Empire of Man be worse when gates was legal in both realms? would it be because of political conflicts and wars?

Probably because Gates magic allowed both parties to become too close for comfort.  For the most part they do have very different cultures. Not hard to see how conflict could come out of that.

1. What is the #1 leading cause of death at the Academagia? If it's magical mishaps, can you say what kind?

2. Where does Mineta get most of it's food supply from? Since the Minetan guard carries emergency rations for the whole city, is it safe to say that it can be cut off with a decent siege? Or is that more of a famine thing?

3. Speaking purely hypothetically, since it is possible (if difficult) to reverse years of aging off of a person, what would happen if a spell designed to take off a couple of years was cast on a newborn?

4. Are there any good stories about monsters showing up at the Academagia that were so powerful that even if a 5th year encountered it, they should immediately look for a professor?

5. How much of Cyve is covered by water? Is that the reason why there are so many hydro-oriented phemes?

6. Is there any good lore on Mastery wizards stealing bodies from younger people? Can such a thing be reversed without resorting to Mastery?

7. Say I made a torch with a fire that was magiclaly fueled, so that it couldn't be extinguished. If I accidentally dropped the torch into some hay, would the resulting major fire also be impossible to extinguish, or just the source fire? And if there is training to safeguard the torch so that the fires it started would be natural, extinguishable fires, what level of training would that be?

8. Are there any working wells in Mineta or the Academagia? I know there is at least one dry well that you can examine, but with Lake Ardica so close by, do many feel the need for a well?

9. Since it is practially impossible to revive the dead once they're well true and gone, I have to ask how hard it would be in theory to turn a corpse into undead? Preferably the kind with IQs greater than a walking stick.

10. Has there ever been a case on record where the casting of a spell went awry due to outside magical phenomena, natural or otherwise? Think Less catastrophic failure and more supercharged effects like greatly enhanced area of effect