Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

If I remember right then books for mages can't be duplicated with the normal printing press because they need magic to be made. That means that in our school books and other books containing information for spells, pheme or palette the illustration are probably in some way 3 dimensional trough magic. But given the right perspective I think some easy pheme could be shown with 1 or 2 nonmagical 2d pictures (building plans for buildings are also just on 2D paper in our world).

1) Are there confiscated  items that we direct given back before the summer break because they are only illegal for 1st year or during our stay at Academagia? 

2) Are there confiscated items that our parents decide if we get them back or not?

3) What happen to the items that are illegal by law within Mineta  when a professor confiscate them? 

I know we already had questions about the magicians but I can't remember if we ever got an answer to questions related to them.

1) At the Workshop Days we meet magicians but the text leave it kind of open if their "magic" is pure slight of hand or real magic?

2) If it is real magic the magicians use can our character learn this as well?

3) Are there known schools that teach magic that isn't based on Phemes/Palettes?  

@Schwarzbart: An excellent treatment of the relationship between mages and magicians is found in the Morvidus-exclusive adventure "Familiar Distress".

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Would Miya be violating any laws by practicing her religion or talking about it to others?

2. Are student at Academegia ever taken boating as part of classes? or have such things happened in the past?

Oh, man, the team must be busy this week. I noticed it right away. I keep thinking Y2 might be coming, but then I remember, its more likely some convention is underway. What does the team do there? I'd go myself if I didn't live in the middle of nowhere.

@Legate of Mineta: Would I be correct in thinking that Nugen's Alley is associated with Gates Magic? I ask because the in-game description is suggestive: "The mysterious Nugen’s Alley shows up only when someone with the ‘proper’ skills calls for it." And is the name Nugen an allusion to the Discworld god Nugen from Monstrous Regiment?

1. Is Miya the first student in Academagia's history to not belong to the state religion?

2. How much does the school know or care about her real background? Given the intrigue that has been mentioned as surrounding noble students from the Empire of Man, I would think that they would make at least a few inquiries - am I right?

3. What is the scholarly opinion about life from other worlds that would arrive through non-gates magic? Would such life (leaving aside scholarly opinions) be viewed with suspicion as merely a disguise for gates-created life?