Black Chicken Studios Forums

A few in game questions

Adrian

I suppose it depends on the item's sensitivity to Gates and Mastery. Are you looking for detecting the type of magic the average underground student would use, or are you looking for something that can even detect the use of an advanced Gates pheme that was worked into an otherwise harmless tapestry?

Which leads me to another question. Legate. Can a pheme be written in it's orthographic representation without inducing any magic? I ask because I would like to know if one did write down every Mastery and Gates pheme on paper, it would be nice to know whether that automatically would make it trigger detection spells, even if no Gates or Mastery spells were cast.

@Legate of Mineta: 1. Have tapestries dealing with gates and/or mastery at Academagia been destroyed in order to prevent people from learning about these pillars of magic through the tapestries?

2. For an adventure that I am planning on finally writing the ending for, I wonder: would it be possible to have a magical artifact that, through astrology magic, keeps a record of where and when it was used?

I kind of suspected because such a change in law not happen from one day to the next that most of the learning material that could easy be moved was collected and moved to a Forbidden Library even if no one would mention it in the public history. Also I suspect that many of the gate / mastery related items where buried instead of transporting them trough the city to thrown them over the border of the island.

1) Is it known if some magical items have found intact in a matter fountain (or haw it is called)

Wasn't it pretty much confirmed that scores of stuff vanished from Kazus and Icanicix right after the bans fell, but before the government could send the book-burning crew?

Wellspring, and IIRC nothing comes out of a wellspring anywhere close to "intact".

40 minutes ago, Metis said:

Wellspring, and IIRC nothing comes out of a wellspring anywhere close to "intact".

Recognizable, perhaps.....

Did the wellsprings form immediately after the exile? Or did they appear after the islands stabilized? If an island is moved, does the wellspring move with it?

56 minutes ago, Metis said:

Wasn't it pretty much confirmed that scores of stuff vanished from Kazus and Icanicix right after the bans fell, but before the government could send the book-burning crew?

From Icanicix yeah but I don't remember any mention of Kazus... How damn here's my nosebleed going on again. :P

So, I've always been bad with names. Can you ask the team what the name of that death world that Valentino visited to hunt slobins might be? If possible, can you give us insight on how other dimensions might be classified? I'm sure some death worlds must be more dangerous than others...

I am very curious about the library of the Forbidden in that regard. While it is not something that we'll get an answer to until future years, I know there's a lot more to it than meets the eye.

1. Are there any regional religious festivals/cults of saints in the Empire of Man?

2. Would I be correct in thinking that the Alesfans are trying to bring their religion more in line with what is practiced in Mineta?

3. Have regional religious festivals/cults of saints in the Empire of Man ever been suppressed/are they officially condemned or mistrusted by Minetan ecclesiastical authorities?